We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

Bellevue, Washington
reviews: 5
Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

Vueling.com has a 59 Euro fare from Rome to Barcelona. If you go for their Optima fare, you get a checked bag included and the fare is 77 Euros. Expedia.es has the same flight on Vueling for 73 Euros. It's a Y class fare. Does that correspond to Vueling's Basic or Optima fare?

5 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 77
1. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

No idea but for a paltry 4 euros saving book direct and remove a layer of hassle should there be any issues.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
2. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

As Joe says book direct.

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

No brainer, for the sake of 4euros book direct

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

Yes agree with the others, book direct.

If the 4 Euros is a deal breaker still book direct and do without the coffee and newspaper at the airport.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
5. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

I think that Expedia book with Iberia. Not sure they can book direct with Vueling. Of course Iberia own Vueling so they operate the flight. I think that the €73 fare will include a bag and seat selection. However the Optima fare direct with the airline gives you preferred seating at the front.

I doubt you will have issues booking on Expedia and you might also avoid the Vueling booking fee but if the difference is small then I also say book direct.

Reply to: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted