We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

Hello everyone.

I'm a first time long haul traveller, looking at visiting some friends over the Xmas period.

I'd like to Sydney first until 27th, then onto Thailand for New year returning to uk 2nd jan'14.

I'm searching on sky scanner for individual flights, but I worry that I'm missing a trick in getting multiple deals or not looking on the right sites.

Can anyone with any experience of these journeys please offer advice?

Regards,

Richie

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

"I'm searching on sky scanner for individual flights, but I worry that I'm missing a trick in getting multiple deals or not looking on the right sites."

If by individual flights you mean one way flights this is likely to be expensive - you need to search for multi city flights covering your route.

Flights will be expensive that time of the year and it might be worth calling into Trailfinders if you live near a branch to discuss your options.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 234
2. Re: Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

Your main options really are BA and Thai so why not look at their web sites and multi destination offers/pricing.

SS

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

Are you using the multicity function or checking out individual flights for each leg?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
4. Re: Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

BA only has 1 flight per day to Bangkok an terminates there, they do not operate anywhere onwards from Bangkok, anyway for Australia they only have 1 flight per dayLondon into Sydney ( only place they go to in Australia ) compared with multiple flights by other carriers

Emirates can fly you to Sydney and that includes also between Bangkok and Sydney , you may find you can book a UK to Sydney return that allows a stopover in Bangkok on the way back, that would b easy with Emirates or you could do same option also with Thai, both those should suit your requirements.

Thai have twice daily from London to Bangkok and also twice daily onwards to Sydney, Emirates operate from many airports in the UK and they are up to 6 flights per day between bangkok and Dubai ( 3 of them on A 380 )

Depending on fares offered you also have other options that 'might' be cheaper such as malaysia via KL or Singapore Airlines via SIN that allow stopover in their respective hubs,then you can add on a cheap regional flight, there are lots of flights

Be very wary indeed of many of those online booking sites as they can offer ridiculous connections and miss out on good routings.

Edited: 12:01 pm, October 29, 2013
Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
5. Re: Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

If you go down the trail of separate tickets with different airlines be careful when booking and check baggage allowances, especially if one of your flights is with a regional low cost carrier. Often they have different limits for checked and carry on luggage to airlines like BA and Thai.

The other thing to be wary of is that saving a few dollars can end up costing more. For example with LCCs you need to give yourself a BIG window of time to change flights in case something is late or delayed causing you to miss (and forfeit) your second flight. So a saving of a few £s to route through Singapore or KL will be lost if it means paying for a hotel room for the night to avoid a 1 or 2 hour layover and the associated risks.

My personal choice for that route would be Thai but of course it would depend on cost.

6. Re: Uk-Sydney-bangkok-Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 31, 2014