We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights USA

Maputo, Mozambique
Flights USA

The 2 of us are planning a trip to the USA in May 2014. One tour is from New York to Miami and the other is from San Francisco to LA or reverse. Should I do the east or west first taking in to account International arrival and departure from and to South Africa.

Which airlines would give me cheaper rates with internal flights in the US.

May i know i we would be allowed to fly from Miami to Cuba or not? If so what is the procedure and the cost?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Flights USA

"Should I do the east or west first taking in to account International arrival and departure from and to South Africa. " - No real difference, it comes down to whether you want longer flights on arrival or departure, personally I'd do East Coast first.

"Which airlines would give me cheaper rates with internal flights in the US." - Impossible to answer but I'd probably do an open jaw SA - NY, LAX to SA and use Southwest for the internal flights.

http://www.southwest.com/

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
2. Re: Flights USA

Southwest is sometimes but not always cheaper. No way to know without checking. Also check Jet Blue and the legacy carriers delta, united, American, and usair. There are some small carriers on specific routes but those are the main ones.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
3. Re: Flights USA

It is complicated to fly from the USA to Cuba!

I'd not really plan to do that on this trip unless perhaps you first visit another country like Mexico and then go from there.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
4. Re: Flights USA

I believe the only wY to fly legally from Miami to Cuba is on a charter. Do not think there are regularly scheduled commercial flights from theUS

Houston, Texas
reviews: 324
5. Re: Flights USA

I would do the East coast first because the earlier you go in May the less hot it is. The West coast is more dry heat so it isn't going to matter as much.

6. Re: Flights USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 30, 2014