We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines SQ12

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Singapore Airlines SQ12

I will be flying on SQ12 from SIN-NRT-LAX next summer, although I haven't booked it yet. Singapore Airlines currently has a very good deal for this flight- around $1000USD one way! On the SQ home page, there is an advertisement which says "All in Fares at Exceptional Value." Since the price is so good, I am assuming it is part of the advertised sale? If so, how long will it last for? On Expedia I used the 'seat preview' feature, and from what they show the flight is almost fully booked in economy already. Is this seat map reliable? I would really like to know because I want to snag a seat on the upper deck in economy. I find it hard to believe considering its still 9 months away. I hope somebody can answer my questions, thanks in advance!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,331 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Singapore Airlines SQ12

Hi,

"I am assuming it is part of the advertised sale? If so, how long will it last for?

==> Some sales have a defined start and end date -- others don't. You'll need to read the terms on the SQ site carefully to see what the terms are for THIS specific sale.

I looked at the SQ site (switched my location to CA for this look) and saw the ad you quote.. I see verbiage about payment terms and the limits to PayPal use, but nothing about an explicit end to the sale -- therefore it is purely at SQ's discretion.. I suspect it's driven by availability..

On Expedia I used the 'seat preview' feature, and from what they show the flight is almost fully booked in economy already. Is this seat map reliable?"

==> No very... Don't forget that there are people who have booked but (for any number of reasons) don't have a seat assigned to them.. You can also have people who booked AND have a seat assignment, but at some point prior to departure won't travel for any number of reasons.

Lastly, carriers rarely ever allow a cabin to be reserved to 100%.. They'll commonly hold back several blocks of seats for the airline staff to use on the day of departure or the boarding gate to resolve seating issues and/or to allocate to their preferred/elite passengers. So, the count you see most likely also include some level of "hold back" built into it, but those hold back seats don't necessarily have a passenger associated with it yet.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 8:03 pm, October 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Singapore Airlines SQ12

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated. I guess it is better to book while I can in case the sale ends. Once again, many thanks!

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Singapore Airlines SQ12

>>> I would really like to know because I want to snag a seat on the upper deck in economy.<<<

I fly SQ 12 often and I'm pretty sure they stopped offering economy seats in the upper deck a few months ago.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: Singapore Airlines SQ12

If you do a 'dummy' booking on the SQ site, it will allow you to see real time seat availability. This is the best way to see the correct availability. But yes, even then some seats are blocked out

5. Re: Singapore Airlines SQ12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 31, 2014