We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charging iPad?

London
Charging iPad?

I am flying Malaysian airlines long haul from London to Sydney via Kuala Lumpa economy class. I am wondering if there is anywhere I can charge my iPad either on the plane or at Kuala Lumpa airport? Also if I can charge the iPad at KL airport can I use my UK plug or do I need an adaptor? If so with an adaptor what type of plug is it? Is it the pin version like Europe or like Australian plugs?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: Charging iPad?

Hi,

I know their new A380's have USB power in Y (obviously in C/J and F as well)... and I know their B777's don't

Your LHR-KUL is on MH's once-daily MH1 flight, and that is planned on the A380, therefore so long as they don't do an aircraft switch, you'd have in-seat power on that leg.

The KUL-SYD leg is flown by different aircraft -- the A330 among them, and that too has USB..

So, I think you're safe for the longest sector -- LHR-KUL.. but from KUL to SYD, it will depend on the flight you're on, and the aircraft planned for that day.

Travel Safe,

London
2. Re: Charging iPad?

Thanks GOPBI. I am not really technically minded, so assume I have USB connector on my iPad for this purpose.

I am travelling alone, and think I have a 'D' allocation. For my seat. Will this one have this connector available, or do I need to ask neighbouring passengers to plug my iPad in their socket?

Sorry for my complete ignorance!

Does KL airport have any ports to charge the iPad - in case I cannot charge on the plane due to my embarrassing lack of technical knowledge!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
3. Re: Charging iPad?

Hi,

"so assume I have USB connector on my iPad for this purpose."

==> Yes, if yours is like mine, on the end that goes into the socket/wall, there is a removable part.. Once you remove that, there is the USB end that you'd insert into the USB power port on the plane (or into the USB port on a PC)..

I recall the power ports where directly in front of you, built into the seatback of the person in front of you.

Travel Safe,

Reply to: Charging iPad?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted