We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name change KLM

Woking, United...
reviews: 48
Name change KLM

Hi does anyone have experienced with changing a name on a ticket with klm. My husband has booked me a flight lhr to ams in my maiden name. Passport is in married name. Can I take our marriage certificate as proof of name change. I am prepared for a fee.... and yes hubby is in big trouble...thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
1. Re: Name change KLM

Did you get married recently?

If you booked the flight within 24 hours then call customer services and they should be able to change it. I think that taking your marriage certificate should also work but call and get them to put a note on your booking.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 203
2. Re: Name change KLM

You won't be able to change the name. But taking evidence of the name change, while not a guarantee, will be helpful. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ensure that identification matches the ticket. Your only other alternative is a complete rebooking. Good luck.

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Name change KLM

Maybe just call them and ask?

Woking, United...
reviews: 48
4. Re: Name change KLM

Just a quick update, RonaldoC, we have been together nearly 20 years and got married nearly 4 years ago!!! He should know better....

Anyway contacted KLM via their Facebook page on Saturday evening, absolutely excellent customer service. They Private Messaged me and said it was an honest mistake and will make the name change free of charge, all sorted within an hour.

I was happy to pay an admin fee or something but have been Wowed by how they handled it all and all so quickly. Happy travels.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
5. Re: Name change KLM

Glad it all worked out - bet he won't make that mistake again.

No doubt KLM have got another potential future customer for some common sense customer service.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
6. Re: Name change KLM

Glad to hear you got it sorted and good to know that KLM have such good customer service.

Reply to: Name change KLM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted