We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet rip off

Northampton
reviews: 2
Easyjet rip off

Just had a very unpleasent experience with Easyjet. Booked 6 flights to Berlin back in early September, but due to work commitments two of the party could not travel till the following weekend. Called Easyjet and asked to change the flights for two people to the following weekend. I was told there was a fee for each change of flight, not impressed but ok. Was quoted £160 for the changes, then told they wanted another £136 on top for "fare difference", making it £296 to change the flights!! They did not want to know about just taking the £160, they wanted everything. So cancelled the flights and re-booked with Ryanair for £226 and got my £38 "tax paid" refund back. So short sighted of Easyjet and just a rip off. Now they have lost another 6 customers forever.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Easyjet rip off

Let's hope you don't want to change again with Ryanair.

Unless you buy fully flexible tickets all airlines charge a fee to change dates plus the difference in fares. Not a rip off just standard policy.

Another rip off post which isn't a rip off at all.

Jackie

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
2. Re: Easyjet rip off

I think I know the answer this but did you/they not claim on your travel insurance?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
3. Re: Easyjet rip off

"So short sighted of Easyjet and just a rip off. " - Yet another post with a false rip off claim - airlines charge a change fee and fare difference when you want to change flights.

Travelling The World
reviews: 18
4. Re: Easyjet rip off

Some airlines don't let you change even for a fee.

South of England
reviews: 51
5. Re: Easyjet rip off

Didn't read the booking terms and conditions then? Even though you ticked the box to confirm you had?

Iowa
reviews: 27
6. Re: Easyjet rip off

Do people really need to read the T&Cs to know they need to pay a change fee plus the difference in fare?

Why wouldn't you put blame on the "work commitments"? That seems to be the problem, not Easyjet.

Northampton
reviews: 2
7. Re: Easyjet rip off

Well in your world if you think that is acceptable practice then good luck to you. I however do not. As I said, was willing to pay the flight change fee, but to then be asked for even more on top in my opinion is a rip off. Instead of getting the original fee then an extra £160 on top, they ended up with only one slice of the pie and gave their competitors the extra revenue. A very short sighted approach and a good way to push customers to their competitors.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

8. Re: Easyjet rip off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, October 25, 2013
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 35
9. Re: Easyjet rip off

So ,you think you can book what could be the cheapest flight, and then change it for a more expensive flight and not pay the difference.Is that basically your gripe.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
10. Re: Easyjet rip off

This is standard. Admin fee for your particular fare bucket plus fare difference.