We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 7
Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Has anyone else had a problem inputing Personal Information on the AAirline website? When I check online it states that my personal information is not complete therefore unable to check in online the day of travel.

I have notified the AAirlines but they cannot help me with the problem....perhaps the browser although I have tried on numerous computers with different browsers.

14 replies to this topic
Edmonton
reviews: 14
1. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

I just had this problem with United, so maybe it' the same thing. It was that the passport needed to be verified at either the check in counter or a check in kiosk, so it wouldn't complete the online booking until then. No biggie, just scanned my passport at the kiosk and printed my boarding pass there. I'm in Edmonton, so a Canadian as well:)

Canada
reviews: 23
2. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Are you referring to entering APIS info in advance of your trip to the US.....or doing an on-line check-in (OLCI)?

I have encountered what maried11 is referring to with OLCI and the passport needing to be swiped......but inputting the APIS and hitting "save" hasn't been an issue.

Perhaps when doing OLCI the system will allow you to enter the info at that time(US address etc..) I have done that as well when neglecting to provide the info earlier.

Hamilton, Canada
3. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Thanks for the info. Were you able to check in online before the flight or did you wait and do it at the airport kiosk? From what I understand without all personal information it is not possible to check in online 24 hours beforehand. I also wanted to reserve seats at this time also.

Edmonton
4. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

We were able to book our seats, but not complete the online check in due to the passport needing to be swiped. However, we could prebook our seats whenever, not just at check in.

Hamilton, Canada
5. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

I have tried numerous times to input the missing PERSONAL INFORMATION online however the website will not allow me to do so. Perhaps when the time comes when I can check in online the website will allow me to do so and print my boarding passes.

.... I originally booked with British Airways and they had put in my personal information for AAirlines since that is the first leg of our trip to Paris. We connect in JFK. BA cannot correct the personal information from their end and that I should contact AA. AA says I need to contact BA. I like to get things 'straightened out' beforehand so there is no hassle at the airport, however, I'm finding not possible.

I didn't realize that they were code airlines and that it would be this complicated when booking.

Hamilton, Canada
6. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Thanks maried11 and Wanderlust. I guess I wait and see what happens. I'll fly direct next time on another airlines.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
7. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Since you're flying with OpenSkies from JFK to CDG you will need the OpenSkies PNR in order to manage your booking (including supplying your API) and check in for that flight.

You should be able to obtain that PNR by calling 1 866 581 3596. You may then use the MMB function at www.flyopenskies.com

Hamilton, Canada
8. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Sorry I'm not familiar with the lingo.....I'm not sure what the abbreviations mean: What does PNR, API and MMB stand for?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
9. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

PNR is the passenger name record, aka locator code, aka confirmation number. It will be six digits, for example, Y25HCZ. With a PNR you may use the Manage My Booking function at an airline's website (MMB may be called My Trips, Manage My Trips or something similar) to check the status of your flights.

API is the Advanced Pax Information that is required for some flights; it's the personal information you've been unable to complete at the AA website: name, age, date of birth, passport number and issuer etc.

OpenSkies have phone agents available from 0900 - 2000 every day so give them a shout tomorrow and, hopefully, all will be sorted.

Hamilton, Canada
10. Re: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website

Thank you, TravellerPlus, Vancouver.....

When I booked with BAirlines they gave me a PNR. After a number of phone calls I was then told that I needed a different one for AAirlines (which will not let me input all my personal information on their website).

Will I then need a different PNR for OPEN SKIES on the connection at JFK to ORLY?

My return flight from CDG to HEATHROW is with EURO TRAVELLER. Do I need a different PNR for this leg of the trip? And from HEATHROW TO TORONTO I am flying with BAirlines.

It seems complicating.

Reply to: Problem with INPUTING PERSONAL INFO. on AAirline website
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted