We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight at Heathrow

reviews: 24
Overnight at Heathrow

So I am flying from Budapest to Heathrow with British airlines.. I get to Heathrow at 19:55 and then fly to amsterdam (British airlines as well) at 6:50am the next day

Is there hotels at Heathrow or should I just suck it up and stay in the airport overnight? Will they let me check in and stay in the terminal 9 hours before my flight?

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

There are loads of hotels in the area, Travelodge is close by and if you book in advance can get a cheap rate.

UK
reviews: 89
2. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

Heathrow or should I just suck it up and stay in the airport overnight? Will they let me check in and stay in the terminal 9 hours before my flight

-------

No, BA dont offer evening check in for the next day and in any case you cannot stay airside at T5 overnight. So you'd have to hang around near the checkin area with all your cases, very inconvenient. Travelodge at T5 probably your best bet.

Edited: 11:10 am, October 25, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

Here are some other hotel options for T5. They are accessible by the 423 bus, which is free between T5 and these hotels. Unfortunately the Premier Inn T5 is no longer taking bookings as they've signed a deal to house BA flight crew.

londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_wes…

Norfolk England
reviews: 79
4. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

Hi

We have stayed at Premier Inn and Holiday Inn express, both pretty good places to stay at and not alot of money either.

Clive

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 50
5. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

A few years ago, my sister and I missed a connecting flight from Dublin, connecting to BA to Canada: long story. However, we walked through to the Hilton, explained the situation, asked for the cheapest room with two beds, and we were set. Yes, our bill was refunded by Aer Lingus, but the convenience of being right there would have outweighed the financial outlay. Given your early flight, hence very early check in, this might be a savvy choice. Good luck.

UK
reviews: 89
6. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

However, we walked through to the Hilton

------

Not applicable any more because that was obviously Terminal 4, and BA now operate from T5 which does not have a Hilton attached.

It does have a Sofitel attached (only walkable hotel) but with no disrespect to the OP, since they are considering sleeping at the terminal, I suspect its £200 price is a teeny bit more than they are looking to pay.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 50
7. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

Thanks, Joe.

I was just replying from experience, the frustration of mixed messages,( Aer Lingus), and the simplification of the sleep spot. I have not been through Heathrow since, so was unaware of the changes. I think we paid about £120, but cannot be sure. Good luck to the OP; surely the experts will chime in.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
8. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

The Travelodge joe mentioned very often has rates under £25 per night, but you will need to add the cost of the Hoppa from and to the terminal building and hotel.

The Premier Inn T5 (420 Bath Road) is in a bit of flux at present and the other PI is too far from T5 to be really handy. The Thistle near T5 is one I'd consider as a very last resort.

If you decide to book the TL then I would suggest a stop at the M&S Simply Food in T5 Arrivals to buy a snack and a visit to WH Smith next door to buy a newspaper or magazine, unless you want to have a go with the TL menu.

9. Re: Overnight at Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 27, 2014