We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airtran flight

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
Airtran flight

Guys i have already booked and paid for a one way ticket from new orleans to washington dc with southwest airlines for next may ( AUD is good atm so ive booked and paid for all usa domestic flights ). my itinerary is depart NO at 9-15am (airtrans) arrive atlanta 11-40am , change planes ,depart atlanta at 1-05pm and arrive DC at 2-55pm , i feel a little nervous given ive never heard of airtrans, even though it was booked with SWA, and changing planes in the timeframe hopefully will run smoothly ,as in no delays ,has anyone gone this route, i also have a similar situation booked with flight from buffalo to las vegas ( stops in NYC) change planes at jfk,this flight is with jetblue,or am i worrying for nothing ? cheers in advance guys

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Airtran flight

Worrying for nothing. AirTran is owned by Southwest.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Airtran flight

Yes. Air Tran was purchased by Southwest. Nothing to worry about there.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 52
3. Re: Airtran flight

You are fine enjoy your trip.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 50
4. Re: Airtran flight

May is a long time away. Keep checking your bookings as the flight time may change.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
5. Re: Airtran flight

thanx guys,i guess my main concern is missing connecting flights through delays, cheers john

Frankln Park PA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Airtran flight

Delays and outright cancellations happen every day, but the odds are heavily in your favor that you are going to be just fine. Your entire trip is booked through Southwest. If there is a delay, causing you to miss your connection, they will get you to your final destination. But again, my money is on an uneventful flight. And be sure that you are signed up for email or text notifications regarding changes to your itinerary.

Reply to: Airtran flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted