We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

London
reviews: 3
Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

Hi, I am in need of some advice. Travelling from Amsterdam to Jordan in a few weeks, fares are good, and these airlines fly on the dates we need. So, down to to Lufthansa and Turkish airlines. I realise they arrive into Amman quite late/early morning and need to get to the Dead Sea. What is the better airline? Opinions appreciated!! Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 867
1. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

I have been with Lufthansa long haul a few times and found them to be good especially as they are competitively priced.

Nuremberg, Germany
2. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

I prefer Royal Jordanien on the Frankfurt - Amman route. Far more convenient flight times and better C class than Lufthansa on that route.

Norddeutschland
reviews: 632
3. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

I´d go with Turkish if shedule/price do not matter. Generally better food on board.

London
reviews: 3
4. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

Many thanks for your responses so far. Still undecided!!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 200
5. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

You are talking about the #1 and #2 Airlines in Europe last year with Turkish being #1 and Lufthansa being #2.

I flew using Turkish Airlines from the U.S to Germany and it was fine and they were a bit cheaper than anyone else.

Boston...
reviews: 92
6. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

I flew Royal Jordanian from the US to Amman via Cairo and found it to be four of the most pleasant flights I have ever taken. Since it seems you have already eliminated them from your choices I would go with Turkish. I doubt you will go wrong with either of your choices though.

London, United...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??

As has been said, both are fine, though require stop overs. Though your location is London, you ask about flying from Amsterdam. Which is a pity, as Easyjet fly direct to Amman from London.

Reply to: Lufthansa or Turkish airlines to Amman, Jordan??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted