We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delta economy food

Dublin, Ireland
delta economy food

does anyone know if they still serve the non meat option of pasta for dinner? ill be flying from dublin to USA.

also is there usually a non meat option for breakfast?

i dont want to request a vegetarian meal as they are sometimes vegan which wouldnt suit me

TIA

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
1. Re: delta economy food

Here is your answer!

http://bit.ly/19VFYrE

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: delta economy food

Doesn't answer my question

London, United...
reviews: 449
3. Re: delta economy food

I suppose rdglady wants you to google it.

Well, what I can say is don't expect too much from US based carriers. Their selection would be poor. I know some vegetarians bring their own foods just in case.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: delta economy food

Noma I did google prior to posting. Anything I found was old or most reports about meals are from frequent fliers who fly first class so have different meals than economy, so I figured some people on here may have flown delta recently.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
5. Re: delta economy food

Even if they were serving the sort of meal you want yesterday, it doesn't necessarily follow they will be serving it today. If you want something specific, take your own food.

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: delta economy food

I wasn't aware Delta change their meals every day, thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
7. Re: delta economy food

Dani, you missed my point. I have never flown Delta, but the same is likely to be true of any airline: they might serve the same meal for perhaps several weeks or months (a meal you like), and then they change it (to something you don't like). If by chance they changed it yesterday from something you like to something you don't like...

Anyway, to be sure of getting a meal you will eat, take your own food!

Dublin, Ireland
8. Re: delta economy food

Okay thank you :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
9. Re: delta economy food

Hi,

Delta, like most major US carriers, uses a menu "cycle" dependent on route.. Within any one route there will be several menu options.. A cycle is usually between one month to as long as a few months -- cycles are shorter in the premium cabins than economy cabins due to smaller economies of scale in these premium cabins.

So, on any one day, the actual meal choices will vary.. but if you were to fly that same sector daily for several days in a row, you'd start to see the same meal choices coming up.. You'd see new options once a new menu cycle is implemented.

On Euro-sectors, the "norm" for US carriers is one will be a "meat" based protein entrée choice- beef or chicken being the norms... then a non-meat choice-- usually a pasta as your second option..

You tend not to see rice on Euro sectors when flown by non-Asian carriers and pork isn't usually the preferred protein option.

Delta's catering department will internally will assign the specific meal options for your flight usually at about 5 days out -- as that's about how far out the catering units take delivery of their immediate use perishable stocks... However, it's uncommon for this detail of information to be immediately accessible to your typical phone-based agent.

Travel Safe,

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 96
10. Re: delta economy food

I just flew DL NRT-SIN about a month ago. It was over the other pond, but yes, there were vegetarian and pasta options in economy. First meal was the pasta with red sauce. Meal before landing was Singapore noodles--I doubt you'll get that between Dublin & the US. I didn't think highly of the Japanese ice cream. The flights leaving US soil serve better ice cream.

In case my memory is incorrect, I did manage to photograph everything and will review them later tonight and post a follow-up with any corrections if needed.

Edited: 3:05 pm, October 21, 2013