We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

Phuket, Thailand
Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

Hi,

So stupidly I booked with Edreams to go on a flight to China. I had all the extras they charged and it came to £566 for a one way. I then thought I had booked it. But then received an email stating there had been an error with my booking. I emailed them back with the email they gave me and didn't hear back from them.

I found many bad reviews, I should have checked before hand. I rang my bank to cancel the pending transaction because of the error report email. I then checked two days later Edreams had sent the transaction again, even after I cancelled it, and took the money - £566.

So, it was about 5pm when I found they had taken the money the second time. I got really mad and looked at more reviews of people saying they couldn't get refunds etc.

After I followed there procedures 4 days earlier by emailing them and not getting a response, I crawled the internet looking for every email address I could find in relation to edreams. I must have emailed 30 people insisting they got back to me. I also went on twitter and tagged all there accounts telling them nobodies emailing me back, I also went on their face book and posted a few comments. The final person I emailed was there CEO, I found him on the popular business network site. So pretty much I fired all cylinders and went mad messaging them. Kept refreshing my emails and nothing...I then checked my bank account at about 9pm. And there it was the full refund. So pretty much social networks helped me out a lot I think and it got me heard and most importantly my refund.

8 replies to this topic
australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

I like your persistence and thinking...good work

Phuket, Thailand
2. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

Thanks lesson well learnt now - book directly through the airlines. I'm quite happy how it worked out especially with peoples review of them.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

Well done for getting your money back but I wouldn't exactly call it a win though. More like a hard fought draw where you equalised in the last minute after sustained pressure!

Good news and glad you are now wise to shonky third parties and their devious ways.

Phuket, Thailand
4. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

It sure did feel like a win, after all the reviews i'd seen about them, i'll settle with a draw :)

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 201
5. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

You are absolutely a winner LIJon. These companies take money and rarely provide the promised services. Then they simply ignore requests for refunds. Phone calls and emails are ignored, and most people have no idea what else to do to get their money back.

You obviously hit some targets with all those emails. I am so impressed that you managed to get your refund so quickly. Clearly you have some impressive internet skills. Congratulations! It was a big job, but I know the success at getting your refund was worth the effort. Two thumbs up!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

Hi

He got back what was rightfully his and we call it a victory.

Four hours effort for nothing, it was his in the first place.

Absolutely amazing to get a refund from these thieves but they have lost nothing, it wasn't theirs to keep.

I am so pleased you got your own money returned but I would love to see these companies made to compensate someone at least for the time and effort used in reclaiming their own money. I am anti compo for five minute flight delays and crew running out of brown ale half way down the cabin, but in cases like this there should be an element of punishment for wilfully causing these problems.

Jackie

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

The point about using social networking to, in effect, embarrass companies into action is a good one. I recently had trouble getting a refund out of Brussels Airlines, even after their lengthy 'wait' period had passed. A couple of posts on their Facebook page and the money was back in my account within 48 hours,

Phuket, Thailand
8. Re: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...

The four hours spent weren't a loss of my time as I had nothing else to do.

I have now booked with a Chinese airline and the ticket was around £453, so I saved over £100's.

I wonder if their CEO got my message on LinkedIn.

Reply to: Edreams - My Win in Under 4 hours...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted