We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

UK
HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

a few hours ago i booked a flight from dublin to philippines for my friend

only to discover as i was looking through his e ticket that its his nickname Percy and not Percival

is whats on the e ticket. everyone calls him by percy and not his full name so thats probably why i got it mistaken even though i was looking through his passport.

i booked with budgetair.ie and tried getting a hold of them but it was 8:45pm when i discovered this problem and their customer service is only open till 8pm.

whats going to happen? please help me. :( i am panicking as this cost 1000 euro and this is partly my fault im actually wont be able to sleep tonight.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

Hi

You've booked through a third party and that more than doubles the problem, which was not partly your fault but wholly so as you had his passport when you made the reservation.

Phone them as soon as they open, stay cool and tell them your mistake and ask for help. Other than that nobody knows what will happen.

Good luck

Jackie

UK
2. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

im crying. i read some people said they got away with their nickname

omg this is so bad :(((((((((

Worthing, United...
3. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

Don't worry, if the booking agent won't help then phone the airline direct and tell them what you have done. Ask them if it is possible to put a note on the booking about your friend's name. Percy is an accepted shortening of Percival and if you stay cool and polite they will probably help you out.

Worrying won't help and being tired and emotional when you make these calls won't help either.

Set your alarm so you phone the call centre as soon as it opens.

Good luck

Jackie

UK
4. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

your response has somehow put some hope in me. thank you so much

and yes i have set an alarm to call them before i head off to college. thank you again

Canada
reviews: 23
5. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

Continue to try and contact the Airline. It is likely they will assist with an amendment for free within 24hrs of booking ....or definitely for a fee.

This happens all the time. ...lucky it was picked up before your friend was standing in line on flight day.

You did give me a giggle though with saying it was "partly" your fault.

Fret not ...it will all get sorted out.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 254
6. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

Just call the airline and even if they can't make changes to the name they can put a note in there system so they know who to look out for. It happened with me on Turkish where I put my middle initial and my middle name was on my passport. Not a problem at all although I was panicking beforehand.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
7. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

Middle name(s) do not matter.

Worthing, United...
8. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

College? You are only a kid. Please don't worry.

Jackie

UK
9. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

guys thank you all so much for your response it has eased all the panicking a lil bit. but i wont be relief until i get in contact with them in the morning and get a response from them.

with that said thank you again.

UK
10. Re: HELP. EMERGENCY! wrong name on flight ticket

Jordan, really? im just worried for him going through immigration because he might have some difficulties?

:( but yes if the booking agent cant do anything about it, i shall get in contact with the airline it self and let them know about it.