We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airtickets.com

Kuwait
reviews: 14
Airtickets.com

I'm having trouble getting in touch with this agent. I purchased a ticket from them recently, and they issued the ticket in the wrong name. I've sent countless emails, and not had a single reply. I've made many calls, and until yesterday, all I heard was a recorded message telling me all lines were busy. Finally I did speak to a lady, who asked me to send my request by email! What a joke! Our line was (mysteriously) disconnected three times during the course of the conversation, but I did finally manage to give her the correct spelling of the name. I (half) expected to receive an email confirming the change, but nothing has arrived. I should have known!

How reliable is this agent? I know for sure I will NEVER use them again. Seems to me they own an answering machine and have one employee who may or may not answer the phone as she pleases, and who won't reply to emails! Disgusting service!

26 replies to this topic
Romford, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Airtickets.com

Numerous threads on this "operation" none of them are positive, looks like they operate from an accommodation address, no record of their management company at UK companies house and hotels section of services on their website is a" screen scrape" of booking.com site

Edited: 4:11 am, October 16, 2013
Kuwait
2. Re: Airtickets.com

Yeah, I thought so...... thank you very much for your reply!

I need to be more careful next time!

Romford, United...
3. Re: Airtickets.com

Try to get a charge back from your credit card company

Kuwait
4. Re: Airtickets.com

Oh really?..... Do you think they'd refund me?..... Hadn't thought of that, to be honest!

Romford, United...
5. Re: Airtickets.com

An airline ticket with the wrong name is useless to you, unless it is a minor error which you maybe able to amend by contacting the airline direct (assuming they have paid them?) otherwise contact your cc company to dispute the transaction

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 8
6. Re: Airtickets.com

An absolute joke of a company I booked 2 people (work colleagues) on one ticket to travel to Dubai last week and on arrival at the airport one found she was not even booked on the plane despite having paid and having a boarding pass! She is now over there with no way home as they cancelled her flight completely! Do you think airtickets.com have returned my emails or phone calls to have this sorted …. absolutely not! Had I done my homework beforehand I would have realised this is a farce of a website and certainly not IATA accredited.

London, United...
7. Re: Airtickets.com

They are not an ABTA member so you are right when you say you should have been more careful. Name change (unless very minor that doesnt change much how your name is pronounced) may require cancellation and rebooking. And even if the agent has not paid the airline they may not entertain your request. Usually (I have seen) reputed travel agents seek a written confirmation of the names and the complete itinerary. Your best bet is to go for a charge back. I regret your experience.

Edited: 4:11 pm, October 31, 2013
Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
8. Re: Airtickets.com

'They are not an ABTA member'. ABTA is a UK organisation which offers protection against UK tour operators failing. You might be thinking of ATOL which protect UK travellers against airline failures or IATA which is international.

As had been said a million times on this forum, book directly with the airlines.

Kuwait
9. Re: Airtickets.com

Thanks to all of you for responding to my original post.

I'm very happy to report that KLM reissued a ticket, at no extra cost!!!!

As for Airtickets.com,,,,,,, although I did eventually manage to talk to someone (20 phone calls to an answering machine, plus 6 unanswered emails!!!), we were 'disconnected' .... (personally, I think she hung up....) three times in as many minutes, and despite the fact that I was on the line long enough to give her the correct spelling during the call, STILL nothing was done about it.

I was panicking at the thought of having to purchase a new ticket.

So, a very BIG THANK YOU to KLM, Kuwait Office and I shall definitely only purchase tickets in future directly from the airline.

And to the comment "As had been said a million times on this forum, book directly with the airlines", I would simply like to say that I am new to Tripadviser and forums,,,,, and, owing to personal circumstances, I am also new to making my own travel arrangements........so apologies to you, if you feel annoyed that someone hasn't read the advise a million times, and is apparently incompetent at making travel arrangements. With over 2,000 posts, you are clearly an expert.....

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
10. Re: Airtickets.com

545Disappointed..Thanks for posting back, and a great result. Don't take crazypom's coment to heart - it wasn't meant to offend.

Glad that you are more clued up now you have come on here.

Reply to: Airtickets.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted