We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

equipment change on award ticket flight

Bristol, Connecticut
reviews: 77
equipment change on award ticket flight

I booked my first award ticket trip ever two weeks ago selected my seats and everything and now the plane has changed and my seats were changed so my girlfriend and I are across an aisle on two flights

My question is how often does this happen? Is it possible it will change again? There are no available seats left to choose to change of course!!!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: equipment change on award ticket flight

It's not that unusual and it may change again. When are you flying and with whom? Seats may be blocked off for now and open up for selection later.

Bristol, Connecticut
2. Re: equipment change on award ticket flight

My girlfriend and I are going to St Thomas in December

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
3. Re: equipment change on award ticket flight

Lots, yes. Equipemtn changes and complete reallocations of seats happen. Not every day - though every day for any given major company, maybe yes! It could change again especially if they change equipment again. Simply ... all you have done is asked the airline to give you certain seats and they reserve the right to change the allocation whenevr and for whatever reasons they choose. As award tragvellers you may be ;ast in the queue, too, bit that's another story.

Incidentally, some couples prefer to sit across the aisle rather than adjacent.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: equipment change on award ticket flight

Check your reservation very frequently as seats may become available though (a) passengers canceling or upgrading, or (b) another equipment change or glitch with the seating. Do this especially frequently in the 2 weeks before your flight. Even if you don't see two seats together try to engineer yourselves into seats that would make a seat swap on the plane easy (such as two aisle seats, so there's a chance one of the guys with a middle would swap with one of your aisles).

If nothing shows up, get to the airport early and see if they can find you seats together at check in, and even the gate (as in some cases upgrades clear at he gate).

Edited: 12:33 pm, October 15, 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
5. Re: equipment change on award ticket flight

Thanks! I figure it is too early to completely worry about it now anyways anything can happen in two months

6. Re: equipment change on award ticket flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 17, 2014