We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

Milan, Italy
reviews: 10
Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

Could someone please advise me the best search engine for international flights. I tried skyscanner but I found huge discrepancies with the airlines's website itself. Or even not showing an existing flight with Thai airways. Thanks for sharing

Regards

7 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

I normally use kayak and matrix to search but always book direct with the airline.

http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

London, United...
reviews: 426
2. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

This is a difficult question. You need to compare sites and find the best deal suitable for yourself. If you look for complicated itinerary, agencies often can customize better. Good luck!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

It's very rare for a particular website to be cheap consistently. Essentially online TAs just source data from the GDS (centralized computer reservation system) and they typically all do it the same way. On occasion there may be "Expedia Special Deals" or whatever they're called, flagged with a yellow banner or similar. Essentially Expedia, or any online TA may buy a bulk load of seats from the airline and sell them at a discount. Other than that though there's little variation. Just buy through the airline directly.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
4. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

I find that the two sites that TomC posted about are the best. It will at least show you the main players and the current prices, then go to the airlines directly and book.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 31
5. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

My preference is for matrix and skyscanner, then go direct to the airlines.

Milan, Italy
reviews: 10
6. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

thanks skyscanner looks not very reliable, not even showing a TG flight existing from Milan to BKK. Also gives more expensive Qatar when own website cheaper. Very confusing which one reliable. Of course then we book directly with airlines. Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
7. Re: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares

I second the recommendation to use matrix. I've had a lot of good experiences with it and the same prices show up on the airlines websites so you can book directly.

Reply to: Best search engines for international flights cheap fares
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted