We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia suspended flights

Torun, Poland
Air Asia suspended flights

Hello everybody, I have a question concerning my situation with Air Asia. In three weeks I'm going to Taiwan and I booked 9 flights with Air Asia. Last Monday I got an email that my Taipei-Clark-Taipei flights have been suspended (those being my first and last flight respectively), today I got an email that my Clark-Kuala Lumpur-Clark flights have been cancelled (2nd and 8th flight). Of course if I don't get to Clark and then to Kuala Lumput I won't be able to take 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th flight. Of course they offered me a full refund for those 4 suspended flights but what about the rest? Has anybody ever been in simmilar situation?

4 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 58
1. Re: Air Asia suspended flights

Heard from the news that Air Asia is suspending its KUL to Clark in Manila. They are replacing with a brand new Air Asia Zest operating from the Philippines. Hope you can get a refund, perhaps an alternative to your itinerary. If the call centre not picking up your call, email them personally

Singapore
reviews: 105
2. Re: Air Asia suspended flights

If they're offering a refund just take it and try to rebook with other carriers. LCC are not worth fighting with, especially if, as pointed out above, Air Asia are no longer using Clark. Taipei-MNL is pretty popular route, lots of airlines in the region probably service this and you may even get a good deal on a full-service airline out of Taiwan like Eva or China Airlines. Even PAL is probably ok that short haul. If using MNL as a transit hub for a connecting flight it's better on a full service as you can use the airside transit desk without having to go through immigration. On a LCC you need to collect your luggage, go through immigration, check in again on the other side including paying airport fees, filling out exit forms and all that which can be a bit of a hassle.

Mataram, Indonesia
reviews: 5
3. Re: Air Asia suspended flights

Hi,

It has just happened to me for my HK - Clark and Clark - Boracay flights. they got suspended and surely enough i wont be able to take the flights from Boracay - Manila and Manila - KL and they stupidly just pay full refund or credit shell for the 2 flights get suspended and wont be responsible for the other flights which of course get affected by irresponsible suspension. What irritates me the most is that in their email they said that they suspend the flights due to commercial consideration! what kind of excuse is that.

well, one thing for sure is that i wont take AA again and wont recommend ppl to fly with AA as well .

Hope u'll get the solution for ur case as i even posted a message to Tony Fernandez but yeah, no solution for the other routes.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 88
4. Re: Air Asia suspended flights

Wasn't Boracay Airport hit by the recent Typhoon?

Checkout the news, I think it was badly affected.

Reply to: Air Asia suspended flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted