We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

London, United...
reviews: 1
Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

OK I am flying tomorrow morning. I was so incredibly stupid that I didn't read the fine print and realise my baggage is 1cm too high for carry-on/cabin. I read everywhere that the airline is super strict, and my IATA regulation bag, suitable for all airlines but Ryanair (since they introduced their new regs) almost certainly won't make it through. So....advice please....WHAT DO I DO? Do I risk it? Or do I risk seeing if there is a suitable bag in the airport to buy (overpriced no doubt).

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 187
1. Re: Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

It's your risk too take. But my own experience with RyanAir is that they only measure/weigh bags that look big/heavy.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
2. Re: Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

If it's a soft sided bag that you don't over pack then it should squeeze into the cages they use to check size - 1cm is not a great deal.

London, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

Don't risk it,they will pick up on it,??

5. Re: Advice needed - Ryanair baggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 14, 2014