We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

Northern New Jersey
reviews: 126
affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

We are not familiar with the intra-Europe airlines, but we need to check fares round trip between Milan and Oslo. Which airlines, or search engines, are best for this type of flight? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

Errr, any of them? Expedia, Travelocity. etc.

What's considered best anyways?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
2. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

Hi, have a look at a site such as http://www.skyscanner.net/ to search for flights. Once you have an idea of the flights you want, you can click through to book them

I'd recommend booking directly with the airline though rather than through some third party sites on-line.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 90
3. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

Check out Norwegian and SAS

Edited: 1:28 pm, October 11, 2013
Northern New Jersey
4. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

As an American, familiar principally with major trans-Atlantic carriers, I am hoping for names of smaller, better-value intra-Schengen carriers. (Something in the category of Ryanair, for example, but covering Oslo and Italy.)

I thank you for all replies.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
5. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

I use a website called www.whichbudget.com to find small airlines and for Milan- Oslo they list two airlines Norwegian and German Wings as flying between the two cities . I am familiar with Norwegian , but don't know anything about German Wings.- maybe some other posters can advise if they are ok.. Norwegian appears to be cheaper by about perhaps $20 for most flights.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 76
6. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

wikipedia is a great resource to identify which budget airlines serve which countries. I know that Ryanair does service Milan I have used it there, but it departs from the Bergamo Airport which is about an hour from MXP. You will need to take a bus there.

Northern New Jersey
7. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

Thank you. I will look into German Wings. I have also gotten good deals from AirBerlin in the past, although I don't think they're technically a discount airline. They do cover Oslo from some German cities, not Milan. My research showed SAS and Norwegian having flights between MXP and OSL.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
8. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

I would go with either Norwegian or SAS if it was me traveling.

Northern New Jersey
9. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

Thanks. German Wings appears to be Lufthansa's discount branch. We have always had good luck with Lufthansa. I am interested in anybody's experiences with German Wings.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
10. Re: affordable ticket from Milan to Oslo?

German wings don't fly direct on this route. What date exactly do you need to fly as Norwegian cut their schedule as from the end of this month for the winter as do other airlines. It might be possible to fly one way with say Norwegian and back with Ryanair or SAS (Ryanair fly in and out of different airports though)

As already said check Skyscanner for flights on your dates. If you are only going for the May 17th celebrations then Flying direct would be your best option