We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

reviews: 107
Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

Booked my flight with Southwest to then be sent to Airtran. Tried to catch an earlier flight but I would have been required to pay an additional $300. Really disappointed since it was Southwest who farmed my flight to airtran and even though there were seats available wouldn't assist me. Will not be choosing Southwest for flights anymore!

8 replies to this topic
Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
1. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

Southwest and AirTran are the same airline. Southwest merged with AirTran a while back, However, just like any merger, full integration takes time.

Spartanburg, South...
2. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

So are you bound by Southwest or AirTran baggage policies? Was an operated by AirTran beside the flight number when you made the reservation or did they inform you of the change after the fact?

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 27
3. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

<<<<<Booked my flight with Southwest to then be sent to Airtran.

If you search flight on southwest.com and they don't offer the route they will send you to AirTran. It is quite obvious when this happens.

Actually, I have no idea what the OPs question or comment is.

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 27
4. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

Ok, I read it a few times, I get it now.

I'm not sure you can expect the refund, cancel, and change policy of Southwest to also be the same at AirTran. Why would you assume that?

What was the route you booked on AirTran?

Edited: 7:53 pm, October 08, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
5. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

"I'm not sure you can expect the refund, cancel, and change policy of Southwest to also be the same at AirTran. Why would you assume that?"

Because she booked with Southwest? Seems reasonable to me.

texas
reviews: 24
6. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

If the flight cost 300 more you would have paid on Airtran or SW. I just flew using both, but since I booked on SW website that is the airline that I had all the requirements for. I thought about taking an earlier flight home but would have had to pay 200 more because it was day of the flight and they are more expensive.Not sure why you fault SW on this one.

Plus you definitely know that you have both airlines when you are booking. It is right there showing it. I read over everything before booking because I wanted to make sure I had free bags and could reschedule and not get penalized.

Edited: 11:39 pm, October 08, 2013
Plano, Texas...
7. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

Well SW and Airtran offer different prices on the same flights some times.

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines

I'm not quite sure of the complaint here. The new ticket price was expensive?

Agree the terms and conditions should be as she booked, but she does not appear to be saying they are, simply a new ticket was expensive for her, so she has decided never to fly them again.

Go figure.

Reply to: Disappointed with Southwest Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted