We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flown Melbourne to LAX with V Australia Recently?

Melbourne
reviews: 6
Has anyone flown Melbourne to LAX with V Australia Recently?

Hi All,

Just a quick question for pple who have recently flown with Virgin from Melbourne to LAX. I wanted to know, in Economy, do they provide things like toothpaste and a toothbrush? I cant seem to find anything on the website about it.

Also, what has been your experience when flying with them? I looked on their facebook page and its just full of pple complaining about how bad they are. I understand that people seldom comment with good experiences but all the negative ones are scarying me a little.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 43
1. Re: Has anyone flown Melbourne to LAX with V Australia Recently?

For your information, V Australia is now Virgin Australia. Even though I have not flown with them to Los Angeles, I do know a few people that have, and they have no problems with them at all. They did not get tooth paste or a toothbrush in economy, but the food and drinks were your typical airline standard food - not great, but adequate.

Have a look at Airlinequality.com and read the comments by passengers there. Virgin is rated a 4 star airline, so they can't be too bad. As a Velocity member myself, I have flown with Virgin many times & have had many better flights than bad ones.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Has anyone flown Melbourne to LAX with V Australia Recently?

We have flown MEL to LAX on Virgin Australia and found them good , food , cabin staff , luggage allowance and entertainment selection was much better than United as a comparison, the only complaint I had was there seats are very hard to sit on and after about 10 hours feel like concrete ( by the way have also used Qantas A380 and IMHO are the best )

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 16
3. Re: Has anyone flown Melbourne to LAX with V Australia Recently?

We have used Virgin BNE to LAX several times and love it___never had a problem.

I don't even find the seats hard and I don't think I have more cushioning than others.

Over the years from Aus to USA on many trips I have used Qantas, Air NZ, United, Northwest, Continental, Eva and I'm very happy to keep using Virgin in the future.

I think they are great.

4. Re: Has anyone flown Melbourne to LAX with V Australia Recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 10, 2014