We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

I'm looking to go in August next year for 3 weeks after the 1st August for 3 adults as my eldest is 13 and 1 child. CANNOT find anything for less than £3400 just for flights. I've tried all near airports Miami, Tampa, Atlanta - and even indirect flights from London and no luck. I thinks it's a bit much for flights??? Also tried from Dublin by by the time I add flights to there from London there's no savings. ANY HELP??

Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

Try flying from glasgow as our schools return 2nd week in Aug. We booked thomsons for May gla to sfb and it was 50% less then going from Manchester - just a thought not sure if it will be less

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

Just done a dummy booking with AA for LHR-ORD-MCO using the multi city facility August 1st returning August 22nd and it came out at £912 per seat

Have not tried all airlines but key to cheaper flights may be the multi city facility on their websites

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

Sorry I misread your OP if it's for 4 people then £3400 is not a bad deal (considering it's during the summer holidays) assuming the child is over 2 years old at time of flight

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,943 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

£3400 for 4 for peak season isn't a bad deal. What price did you expect to pay?

UK
Level Contributor
47,752 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

What price did you expect to pay?

=======

Indeed. I'm guessing the OP has been used to out-of-school-holiday and only-two-adult, prices. I think £3400 isn't a bad price at this time of year, £800-£900 a person in Augst is going rate-ish, there is a posting in here from someone warning that Virgin flights for this period are actually selling out already (due to a Disney offer going on in Mouseland). And you have the new rules about fining people even more who take kids out of school, putting even more pressure on flights and so prices less likely to drop.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,620 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

It's a long shot, but contact a full service travel agent and see what they can do. My first choice would be Trailfinders, but Dial-A-Flight could also do (both are reputable).

There's a (wafer thin) possibility that they may have access to consolidator fares. Those are unpublished fares not available directly from the airlines, and usually set aside for package holidays and cruises. You may need to book the hotel or some combi package with the same agent to get the fare, if any are available.

As I said, a long shot. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

Hi

Good luck with finding an acceptable price. I have found all months are dearer at the moment compared to buying tickets for this year just gone. I don't go school holidays, just too expensive (and no need). I keep an eye out for deals on any airline by checking often on www.kayak.com

Cliv

Kent
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
44 reviews
8. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

i think you need to check and check all the time, 3 years ago 4 adults price went to LA, after looking constantly i saw a deal for nearly £1000 less as we went from gatwick and back to heathrow, booked it there and then this was also in school holidays, mid july

Edited: 12:20 pm, October 06, 2013
9. Re: August 2014 flights from London doing my head in!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 08, 2014