We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

Toronto
reviews: 4
Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

Hello, and thank you to anyone who might have experience to share regarding Executive Travel Inc.

I am having difficulty finding any reference or reviews online. In response to my online request, they are providing me with a email quote for executive class travel return from Canada to France in September - about $400 CAD cheaper than business class fare booked directly with Air Canada.

What has me troubled is that the quote is: "We can book business class . . . if space is available." Waiting to get clarification from them.

Toronto
1. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

OK - just read some posts on this site recommending booking directly with the airline rather than third party. I have always booked direct with airline, however the price proposed by Executive Travel sounds pretty good - too good to be true????

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

Do you have a link to their website?

Toronto
3. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

Hi, USBusinestraveller - here is the site I used to request a quote:

http://www.executivetravelservice.com/

Let me know what you think - thanks

norfolk
reviews: 30
4. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

on their 'about us' page on the website, they say 'sell us your airline miles, best prices paid'. i think that gives you a clue.

frequent flyer points are usually non-tranferable. this company appear to be ignoring that fact. airlines are beginning to crack down on the illegal use of ff points - the end user could find themselves stranded without a flight, amongst other things.

UK
reviews: 89
5. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

"We keep a confidential and discreet list of our clientele that includes high-ranking government and state officials as well as world-renowned actors and actresses."

Yeh, they are just the sort of people looking to save 400 bucks on a ticket. Sounds scammier than a half price Berni Madhoff fund to me.

Also, cnnmoney are one of the logos they put up ("as seen in") but no link, and when you search in that website its says "We did not find results for executivetravelservice com." Same for Conde Nast

Why not just put a link to the article on their sites? Unless perhaps the articles said "don't ever use executivetravelservice com." ??? :-)

IME nearly every person who posted here after getting into trouble with some third party operator, was looking for "a deal". They are few and far between, and even when they exist, there seems to be a lot of hassle associated which isnt worth it.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
6. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

Bargepole time again!** :-)

They are one of the many mileage brokers that obtain tickets using bartered frequent flyer miles. That's totally against the terms and conditions of the airlines, and if they find out your ticket will be canceled and you could be left stranded.

Does that happen? Yes it does. Here's a post (#44) from last night from someone who used a similar company and got busted on the return home - tripadvisor.com/…53198899

** - The term "don't touch them with a bargepole" means stay well clear (in the US it's don't touch them with a 10' pole).

Edited: 2:01 pm, October 02, 2013
Toronto
7. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

Guess that settles it - thanks to all for your advice - back to conventional airline booking for me.

8. Re: Executive Travel Inc. - anyone with experience? reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 04, 2014