We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

livingston, SCOTLAND
reviews: 7
Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

I have just been told by Thomas Cook that my flight on the 21/6/14 has been cancelled and all flights for summer 2014 from Glasgow are now in the process of being cancelled! What a joke, I await a full refund and will never book Thomas Cook again!!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

Hi

Poor you, only nine months before your holiday and your flights are cancelled. This gives you barely time to turn around never mind book a new holiday.

Jackie

London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

personally I would be on my knees thanking them and my lucky stars. The unrest in egypt, it would be better to make the decision to go closer to the time, rather than so far in advance, as no one can predict the situation at this stage..

livingston, SCOTLAND
3. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

Oh no worries there. I have already sourced a flight on the same day from Edinburgh with our best Tour Operator and when my refund comes through in a couple of days it will be booked and complaints letter sent to Thomas Crook ( sarcastic spelling mistake)

livingston, SCOTLAND
4. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

Not an issue in Sharm, was in Sharm when Mubarak was removed and there was not a peep. Cairo is the issue and people shouldn't be put off from going to the Red Sea resort.

Wirral
reviews: 95
5. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

Just wondering what you are going to put in your complaint letter. Nine months notice and your not being taken to an unstable and violent country, perhaps you could see if your new operator will offer you a sweet deal on Syria. Seriously better things in life to be getting irate about.

Regards

Dilbertphilbert

6. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, October 02, 2013
uk
reviews: 20
7. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

Blimey is the OP for real, he has been given ample notice to rearrange his trip to an unstable country and is moaning ? Will lol if he comes back in 9 months complaining his new travel company has cancelled his trip at the last minute. Another product of the me me me society we live in, as long as my holiday is ok sod the poor people in a war torn country.

Deb

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
8. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

All airlines cancel routes. It's hardly surprising they're cancelling what may have been a not very profitable route to start with, given that people are still wanting to cancel their Egyptian holidays, and people are loathe to book for that destination.

London, UK
reviews: 120
9. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

I think the OP believes (as all too many people do nowadays) that Thomas Cook or any other airline is some sort of government-mandated service provider put there to fulfil their every demand, rather than a business run for profit. Presumably Thomas Cook have decided that demand for flights to Sharm will be down in 2014 due to worries about the stability and safety of Egypt and think they will be able to make more money out of the aircraft that usually fly that route by switching them to another route. Which seems utterly reasonable to me. If the OP feels this strongly that Thomas Cook is wrong and the Glasgow to Sharm route would make a thumping profit then they should start their own airline and prove Thomas Cook wrong.

UK
reviews: 88
10. Re: Thomas Cook Cancel All flights from Glasgow to Egypt for 201

When I saw teh OP's headline (and, note, I have no time for TC at all) my immediate thought was "for once they've actually done something worthwhile" ! So I was flabbergasted to see he was moaning !

Rather than leave customers hanging on, worried, and possibly subject to last minute cancellations when or if trouble flares up, they have taken a clear decision that means everyone knows where they are and can get on, no more uncertainty. Contrast that with BA (who I usually do have time for) who are dragging it out one week at a time leaving people unable to make plans or know where they are.

No doubt, had in a few weeks time there been a flare up and people were injured or worse, or even just stranded at hotels for days, you'd have been on here complaining that who on earth couldn't TC have seen there was a problem and cancelled.

Its not even as if they have canceled your holiday next week, its 9 months away for goodness sake, you have plenty of time to book somewhere else and as said they arent a government charity, they probably have hardly anyone booked on those flights, would you rather they flew anyway, went bust and then left you stranded?

Some people will never be satisfied. Look at the bigger picture, they need to operate a profitable company so they can actually take people on holiday and back, and tehy dont need to be flying into danger areas or ones that may forseeably become so. Good on TC.

Edited: 10:09 am, October 02, 2013