We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair screwed me good

Brantford, Canada
Cheapoair screwed me good

Well I used Cheapoair for my flight to Las Vegas to New Zealand and back. $1448.00 bucks. I am from Canafa so when I got to the airport the night before my flight even though I received confirmation emails 24 hrs before and call them to make sure everything was fine, I found my flight had been cancelled for over a month and I was now stranded in a foreign country. And what was Cheapoair response. Not our fault everyone is lying to you and we don't owe you a refund because the airline didn't tell us the flight was cancelled. The airline disagrees and refuses to give a refund as well because they have the electronic proof that they contacted them. Use Cheapoair at your own risk because they take no responsibility for cancelled flights once they have your money you are not getting it back. Burned and Learned from Canada.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

Oh dear Deb,

While I wouldn't touch CheapoAir with a bargepole, did it not occur to you to regularly check your reservations directly with the airline(s)? That way you would have found out well in advance and been able to make alternative arrangements.

Now you're caught in a he said/she said battle between the airline and CheapoAir. And while I'd take anything Cheapo says with a large handful of Saxa, there is the possibility that the airline's message didn't get through to Cheapo. That said, if the airline canceled your flights completely, then they should still owe you a refund, even if you need to go through Cheapo to get it.

Why did book with Cheapo in the first place? Any time you use a third party booker you're at the mercy of them as the middleman, and your experience is a poster child case of what can go wrong.

Next time book directly with the airline, and take the responsibility to check your reservations frequently in case of cancelations, rescheduled flights and/or seat changes.

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

Hi

Cheapo didn't screw you you screwed yourself by not being pro-active and checking on your own flights.

take responsibility for your own inaction and stop blaming others because you were either too busy or too lazy to check your flights.

I say over and over deal with the airline not the third party if you use a third party to book flights.

If the one post wonder had come to this site before booking instead of afterwards to vent she would have saved herself time, money, and heart ache

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

It's always best to book direct with the airline.

Brantford, Canada
4. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

I actually did check. Fiji air which is an excellent airline wasn't aware that their co-partner cancelled the flight. It was apparently an accident done by the co-partner but they say they informed Cheapo.

But tFiji Air let me on their flight once I paid for a new ticket to LA. to reach their connecting flight. But while I was in New Zealand stranded because I had no flight home, I conversed with the airlines who were once going to be responsible for my home flights and they re0-opened my ticket and with a little help from the Canadian Embassy in New Zealand they stayed that way and were confirmed just before I left. No help from Cheapoair though who I paid all my money too. They wouldn't respond to a single email and had me on the phone at my cost telling me that my cancelled flight that was unoperational at that point was still running and they were going to do nothing for me. The flight I missed would only give me a new ticket voucher for future use no refund.

Cheapo offered for all their mistakes of sending me confirmations that weren't true and the extra cost in phone cards flight costs and email costs over in New Zealand to solve this and get home a coupon which is worthless because I just tried to use it and they keep hanging up on me repeatedly as we are just about to input the $50.00 coupon for a new flight. Anyway stay way from Cheapo air in my opinion they could leave u stranded on the other side of the world and care less once they got your money. Never their fault

Brantford, Canada
5. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

Never said I didn't check with the airline. They were just as confused and thought the flight was valid. I have used Chepoair in the past for a flight to Boston and didn't have a problem. How much more pro-active can I be. Why do you think I showed up the day before my flight instead of getting a connecting flight the same day. So that I could be there to talk to the airline in case there was a problem with my actual direct flight to New Zealand from LA. Do u show up to the airport the day before to check your boarding pass in a foreign country. If you are just on this forum to pass judgement and heckle hard working people trying to save money find another forum. I posted on this forum to warn other decent people trying to travel as affordably as they can to be careful about Cheapo air because they don't give refunds if they make a mistake and they don't check if flights are valid before booking with a call to reservations at the actual airline they go by a software program which can not be updated if there is a power outage etc.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
6. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

'Fiji air which is an excellent airline wasn't aware that their co-partner cancelled the flight. It was apparently an accident done by the co-partner but they say they informed Cheapo.' I'm curious now about who was the operating carrier for the sector from NZ to LAX; if not Fiji Airways then who?

I also wonder if cheapoair.com - whose website I wouldn't go near even after having borrowed USBT's bargepole - cobbled together singles and called it a through ticket.

'How much more pro-active can I be. Why do you think I showed up the day before my flight instead of getting a connecting flight the same day.' One need not 'show up to the airporrt the day before to check your boarding pass in a foreign country', no one is suggesting that.

What many frequent travellers do is keep an eye on the airlines' Manage My Booking pages, using the PNRs given when booking. Takes a minute or two and because one visits the airilnes' websites the most up to date information is displayed. I keep an eye on my bookings at least once a week until about 10 days before departure then it's once a day.

' ... trying to travel as affordably as they can to be careful about Cheapo air because they don't give refunds if they make a mistake ...' cheapoair.com don't set refunds. The company acts as an agent on a person's behalf and books tickets for them. The ticket rules, including refund options, are set by the airline, and *should* be available for anyone to read before agreeing the booking. Not doing so and by extenstion not understanding what's being purchased can lead to unfortunate situations like this.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

Firstly, I won't loan my bargepole to TravellerPlus, in case I inadvertently get too close to CheapoAir or other such combos. TP you'll have to buy your own. :-)

"I actually did check. Fiji air which is an excellent airline wasn't aware that their co-partner cancelled the flight. It was apparently an accident done by the co-partner but they say they informed Cheapo."

Sorry that doesn't make sense. If Fiji Air** weren't aware that their "co-partner" had canceled their flight, how would they be able to inform Cheapo?

** - presumably Fiji Airways, aka Air Pacific under a new name (and who have lots of reviews on here that are far from excellent, another reason TP can't have my bargepole). They code share with Air New Zealand on some NZ-Nadi flights.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 42
8. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

Oh goodness.

I'm actually waiting for an experienced flyer to register themselves under the profile of 'Bargepole' to respond purely to CheapoAir threads...

And please, ease up on the thread title...or tap yourself on the shoulder first.

Edited: 1:27 am, October 02, 2013
Brantford, Canada
9. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

co-partner says they informed Cheapo air the entire flight was cancelled by them by accident. Fiji Air said couldn't inform Cheapo because they were not given information by co-partner either.

UK
reviews: 88
10. Re: Cheapoair screwed me good

Was the FLIGHT or your TICKET cancelled?