We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

highlands
Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Hi

We are flying from Gatwick to Orlando tomorrow. Virgin will not allow us to check in online. We have already checked in for the first part of our trip. (from inverness to gatwick with flybe although all booked together).

Is this going to mean that

1. I am unlikely to get the seats I picked and

2. Will it cause a problem with luggage. Normally the bags are checked all the way through.

Last time this happened we had huge problems and as I am travelling with children I am worried that we may not be seated together.

Any advice gratefully received

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Are you flying down tonight? If you are, you can do Twilight Check-in at LGW if you aren't able to check in on line. It is open between 5.00 pm and 9.00 pm. I'm sure VA will do all they can to sit you with your children in you can't check in until tomorrow.

UK
reviews: 88
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

I can think of several reasons why you cannot do OLCI, but no point speculating, the obvious thing to do is call Virgin RIGHT NOW because some causes may need time to fix and you don't want to be struggling fixing them at the airport, indeed they might not even be fixable in the time you have at the airport.

And notwithstanding speculation;

Who did you book via?

Do you have one booking reference or two.

Did you preselect seats already?

And do you all have your ESTAs?

highlands
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

We fly down to Gatwick at 7 tomorrow.

Booked via expedia. We have one booking reference. We reserved our seats but I am aware it is only a preference and Virgin do not have to honour it. We all have estas and have travelled to USA several times

before.

Kirkcaldy
reviews: 68
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Not sure but I don't think fly be have an alliance with Virgin so baggage won't go right through. What time is virgin flight from Gatwick? Did you try before 24 hours for that flight?

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Loads of reason it may not allow you to check in online, answered the security questions incorrectly is quite common. Airlines are often only able to check a certain number of passenger in before the remainder will have to check in at airport.

Inverness, Scotland
reviews: 10
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Flybe only have an interline/agreement with BA on the Inverness/Gatwick routes. So I can't see Flybe checking baggage through to Virgin for the flight from Gatwick to USA. Unless they've changed recently

highlands
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

Turned up at Inverness and not only was our luggage booked straight through but we were checked in for the Orlando flight also. Excellent service. Now sitting in the airport lounge waiting for the holiday to begin.

8. Re: Virgin Atlantic wont allow me to check in online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 01, 2014