We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International air travel

Jacksboro, Texas
reviews: 1
International air travel

Is Air Gorilla a reputable company from which to purchase international air tickets? Any problems at check-in?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: International air travel

This forum is littered with reports from people who have gone for what seems to be the cheapest fare but have struck problems.

Book direct with the airline you want to use.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 212
2. Re: International air travel

I have not read much about them recently. I did not realize they were still in business. There have been serious complaints about them in the past. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k1114762… This is another post from a forum participant who did not use Air Gorilla tripadvisor.com/…31053384

I agree with Sydneynick. I never buy airline tickets from a third party agent. I book directly with the airline. When all the taxes and fees are computed I have never found a third party agent who came in with a less expensive ticket. Airline travel is often difficult. Equipment breaks. Weather is bad. Flight crews time out. Flights are delayed or cancelled. I much prefer being able to call my airline directly and work out a new schedule than try to address problems with a third party agent.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: International air travel

Agree, book direct with the airline.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
4. Re: International air travel

If at all you should always book directly with the airlines and if you read the link busy-retired posted you'll see it's better to avoid Air Gorilla.

5. Re: International air travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 30, 2014