We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

Tacoma, Washington
4 posts
Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

I bought a ticket for a flight yesterday afternoon from Cheap Air Guru.com. I received an email confirmation, but it has been a day and a half and there still has been no charge to my account. (I paid with a debit card, not a credit card). Is this normal? Should i wait a few days? Is there a way to check with the airline to make sure i'm actually on the flight?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,708 posts
1. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

Does your email have a PNR or other customer reference number?

Tacoma, Washington
4 posts
2. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

Yes it does, and the company actually called me to confirm the purchase right after i made it. Which made me suspect foul-play, but i did some research, and it seems like this is normal for this particular site.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
49,871 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

With the PNR you should be able to use the Manage My Booking function at the airline's website. If MMB doesn't work, call the airline and ask to confirm the booking.

Tacoma, Washington
4 posts
4. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

I checked, and it looks like everything is confirmed! Is there any reason I wouldn't have been charged yet? Thanks so much for all of your help!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,427 posts
161 reviews
5. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

If you've checked and everything's confirmed then I wouldn't worry about it, give it a few more days and if you still haven't been charged then contact Cheap Air Guru, I would be more concerned if I'd been charged and there was no booking.

Travelling The World
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

Have you checked your "available" balance in your account as opposed to the actual balance? With debit card transactions often the amount is frozen but still appears in the balance until it actually hits the account, which can take two or three days. But that cash is no longer available for you to spend.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
6,319 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

Hi

Recheck your reservation over the next few days, just because it appears immediately after booking does not mean it will still be there when you want to travel.

Jackie

8. Re: Email confirmation for an airline ticket, but no charge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 30, 2014