We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAS Delayed Luggage

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 4
SAS Delayed Luggage

Hi All,

Flew into FCO from MUC via CPH yesterday. Waiting, waiting at the luggage carrousel. After finding the Groundcare office turns out our luggage is in FRA. Guy at the counter said it would arrive at FCO at midnight last night/this morning and would be delivered to us at our hotel today. But you guessed it, it hasn't turned up. We have tried to contact them but as we don't speak Italian we can't understand the recorded message. Using the world trace site just shows that tracing continues, please check later. Has anyone had any experience with this? Would the guy at the desk really know that it was in FRA? I'm really hoping it turns up tomorrow!!

2 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: SAS Delayed Luggage

The last time I had a delayed bag that was known to be at an airport (also FRA btw) it showed up at my hotel 12 hours after the plane carrying it landed at my destination (4am, after a 4pm arrival the previous day). So I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. Keep checking (see if the hotel concierge can help), and hopefully you packed a change of clothes (or two) in your carry on and aren't having to buy new stuff. If you didn't, you're now learning the "hard" way, like I did. :-)

Good luck.

Edited: 2:42 pm, September 25, 2013
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
2. Re: SAS Delayed Luggage

Hi,

"Would the guy at the desk really know that it was in FRA?"

==> Yes, very possible... The WorlfTracer site that you are using is a different "interface" than what the carriers have access to.. The carrier version is much more detailed and allows for system messages and other things to take place.

What I suspect the agent saw was what's known as a "Bag On Hand" entry that was filed under your bag tag, by someone at the FRA station. From this, a user of WorldTracer would assume (to the extent the reporting is/was correctly entered) that the bag with this tag number is now in FRA..

"I'm really hoping it turns up tomorrow!!"

==> I can't speak to timeliness of delivery, but I'm quite sure it will turn up - and most likely soon.. The statistical data (mostly from the US) does show that a very, very small percentage of bags are never recovered.. The vast. vast majority are returned..

My only suggesting in that regard is to make sure the carrier has good contact and delivery information for you. Many carriers use a locally contracted 3rd party to deliver bags, so making sure they can find and/or contact you is key.

Travel Safe,

Reply to: SAS Delayed Luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted