We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers at Dubai airport

Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 6
Transfers at Dubai airport

I have just over two hours to get from my Emirates flight arrival from Manchester UK at 7am at terminal 3 to get to my 9am departure to Sydney from what now appears to be the same terminal if you read the website but my documents say terminal 1.

I'm travelling on my own and I'm a terrible flier at the best of times, can anyone allay my fears or provide any tips?

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Transfers at Dubai airport

Two hours should be fine, even at an airport as huge as Dubai. Assuming both flights are Emirates, your luggage will be checked through so you don't have to collect it. I believe that you can stay airside, so there will be no Passport Control. All you have to do is get off the plane and get to the gate for the next flight.

The departure screens will show which gate is being used, or ask Emirates staff.

NZ
reviews: 26
2. Re: Transfers at Dubai airport

I do that route frequently. You will exit the plane, go through internal security then head out to your new gate. There are plenty of staff around who can give you advice and lots of boards (in two languages - just wait for the english version) which lists your new gate. Should you need to get from one terminal to the other there is a little train now that takes passengers. The terminal is quite large so go to your new gate and locate it first, then have a look around. If the incoming flight is delayed and you miss your flight they will put you on the next available flight. My last trip despite my tickets say 1 and 3 - it never happened as they are using the new terminal for more than just the A380's so check the board before heading to another terminal.

Enjoy and don't worry - it will all work out.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Transfers at Dubai airport

You will boarding passes for both flights at check in at MAN.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
4. Re: Transfers at Dubai airport

Don't worry, 2 hours isn't that bad, just follow the transit or connecting flight signs, check out the gate your flight is leaving from and head straight there.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
5. Re: Transfers at Dubai airport

No worries - another one who does this connection freqently from 1.5 to 2.5 hours.

We once had an 8 hr tech delay in Manchester so missed our connection in Dubai. EK gave us seats on the next available flight out and meal vouchers. People whos connections were the day after were given a hotel stay.

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 29
6. Re: Transfers at Dubai airport

I don't perceive any real problems for you. EK really pulled out all the stops for us when our flight from Mauritius into Dubai was delayed by about 40 minutes in arriving. We were aiming, although not confident of making, our onward connection on EK to London, but the Emirates ground staff were brilliant. Rushed us through internal security, cleared any other obstructions in our way, and got us to the gate, all 15 of us, with minutes to spare. I thought they were brilliant, and although only 3 of our 4 cases got loaded onto the flight to London, they had got it all sorted out.

When we went to the luggage reclaim in LGW, they had already flagged the fact that one case was late, and without us needing to ask anyone, the baggage handling company in the reclaim hall put a message out for us. They gave us a PIR and a number to phone if we hadn't heard more from them within 24 hours.

Knock on front door early next morning saw our missing case delivered by courier, with a smile and an apology from EK.

Can't say fairer than that...

Have a great trip!

Reply to: Transfers at Dubai airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted