We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

london
Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

Hi there

I had recently booked with Wegolo to go with Spirit Airlines to New York but after finding a better price else where I canceled with Spirit. Spirit confirmed the cancelation and said I would be receiving a full refund. I contacted Wegolo and they told me they had to contact Spirit Airlines to confirm that the cancelation went through and once that was done, they would be able to send me the refund which is understandable.

Has anyone successfully received a full refund from Wegolo and if so, how long did the entire process take? I just don't know what to do if I receive my credit card statement before the refund is completed.

UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

I just don't know what to do if I receive my credit card statement before the refund is completed

===========

Well, you have a very simple choice.

Pay it all.

Part part or none, and pay some interest down the line.

Why the angst? And why did you by a low cost airline through a third party? Was it actually any cheaper than their rates booked direct when you compared it like for like, on the day?

london
2. Re: Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

I was honestly unaware the Spirit was considered a low cost airline to begin with but when I was booking with Wegolo, they were offering me cheaper then the direct website.

UK
reviews: 89
3. Re: Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

And now you've discovered the downside and hidden "cost" of buying as cheap as you can get. And I suggest you do a little research on Spirit, you can't get any cheaper.. Fee for >>carryon<< luggage anyone?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 131
4. Re: Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

Another thing to consider is do Wegolo have any cancellation charges. I'm on iPhone at the moment so unable to have a look at their website.

5. Re: Trying to receive a refund from Wegolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 26, 2014