We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Further info on Emirates connection please

Scotland
reviews: 23
Further info on Emirates connection please

Hi,

I am looking at going to Thailand in November, Emirates have a good priced flight. Glasgow - Dubai (1.5hours connection) then on to Thailand. I have never flew with Emirates before and I have a couple of questions I would be grateful if you could answer.

1. 1.5 hours connection - does this mean we have to change aircraft? or does this mean we just stop in Dubai? If we have to change aircraft I don't feel that 1.5 hours is long enough??

2. Will it be an Emirates aircraft we fly with the full route? I seen on the website that they have other partner airlines that they use .

Cheers Julie :-)

17 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

1. 1.5 hours connection - does this mean we have to change aircraft? or does this mean we just stop in Dubai? If we have to change aircraft I don't feel that 1.5 hours is long enough?? - Nearly 100% certain that you will change aircraft but 1.5 hours should be ok as long as your first flight is on time.

2. Will it be an Emirates aircraft we fly with the full route? I seen on the website that they have other partner airlines that they use . - The website should clearly state which airline is the operating carrier for your proposed routing.

Scotland
2. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

1.5 hours doesn't seem very long but I imagine our luggage will be moved for us so we won't have that to worry about.

It doesn't show another airline so it must be Emirates all the way.

Thanks for your fast reply. :-)

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

Yes you will give our bags in and you won't see them until your final destination. In Dubai you will get off the first flight, follow signs for connections and then wait for your second flight.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
4. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

We did Birmingham to Thailand changing at Dubai. We had a 3 hour layover and I would normally look for this amount of time. It was one ticket so we did not see our baggage once it was loaded on in Birmingham until we got to Bangkok. Yes you do get off the aircraft and then stay airside in Dubai. Watch the gates and listen for announcements for your connecting flight. Personally I think 1.5 hours is cutting it fine.

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

I recently received e mail from Emirates stating they had increased flights from Dubai to Bangkok - so if you check their website there may be another flight from Dubai giving you a longer connecting time. You should be okay with 1.5 hours but I would prefer between 2 - 3 hours giving you time for duty free etc...

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 107
6. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

What are your dates, I put random dates in for Nov and the connection times were very long could but see ones for 1.5 connection, but the return times were awful 12 hours, 19 hours and the like. There are a lot of flights just awful times

However EK all the way to BKK

Scotland
7. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

Thanks for all your advice.

Flight details are 20.45 from Glasgow to Dubai on Friday 15th November .

Coming home is not a problem as we are going to spend 2 nights in Dubai so can spend lots of time at duty free then :-)

Cheers J

Castleford, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

Hi Julie , I also have a 1.50 hr wait in Dubai with Emirates.

Everyone on here told me this is long enough.

It must be possible as most dates I looked at had 1.59hr wait.

Emirates does this waiting time everyday so it must be possible to achieve

hope this helps

Michelle

Scotland
9. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

Yeah I'm just going to book it I'm sure they know what they are doing!! :-)

Thanks everyone

NZ
reviews: 25
10. Re: Further info on Emirates connection please

Assuming you are on the one ticket if you miss the flight through incoming delays Emirates will put you on the next available flight out and in some cases put you into a hotel if the delay is longer.

While they code share with a lot of other airlines your ticket would show you code share details.

Reply to: Further info on Emirates connection please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted