We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4hrs in JFK

Kuwait
reviews: 2
4hrs in JFK

Hi

I will arrive to JFK airport @3 PM ...(international flight)

i found a flight to Orlando @7.15 (Delta)

is it enough time to collect bags and change terminal and check in with Delta ?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: 4hrs in JFK

Separate tickets? I say no. If everything goes right, you'll probably make it, but delays build up during the day at the NYC airports. I wouldn't want to risk it.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: 4hrs in JFK

If possible book the flight through to Orlando on a through ticket with Delta that way you're covered if you don't make the connecting flight.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
3. Re: 4hrs in JFK

If you're booking separate tickets then you need to realise that if you miss a second flight for any reason then you lose all the flights on that ticket.

Whilst you may think 4 hours is ok there could be schedule changes between now and travel that make it an impossible connection as well as the possibility of delays or cancellations on the day of travel.

The risks apply equally on your outbound/inbound flights - assuming you have a return flight to Kuwait this would be at risk if you had a separate ticket back to JFK.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: 4hrs in JFK

If the first flight lands on time there is time. Otherwise.... it gets tight. Who are you flying in with. ( so we can tell which terminal you will be coming into.

Kuwait
5. Re: 4hrs in JFK

Thanks everyone for the replies ...

i just booked the ticket wich is 1 day after i arrive .. i will have time to spend at Times square before going to Orlando

the rates from JFK to MCO is too high ... never thought October is a Busy month in the USA .. is it school holiday !!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
6. Re: 4hrs in JFK

"the rates from JFK to MCO is too high ... never thought October is a Busy month in the USA" - If you are talking about Oct 2013 then that's only just over a week away and buying tickets that late to a major year round holiday destination can be very expensive.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
7. Re: 4hrs in JFK

I am flying in two weeks from LGA to MCO for $206.80 round trip. That isn't high to me!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 78
8. Re: 4hrs in JFK

Indeed, perhaps you booked JFK to MCO instead of LGA to MCO? I would just go with whichever route is cheaper that also fits your scheduling needs.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
9. Re: 4hrs in JFK

How much did you pay, and for what dates?

Kuwait
10. Re: 4hrs in JFK

i searched through Expedia as i usually get good rates ...

i found them from EWR --> MCO and return from MCO --> JFK

rates were 472$ and im flying in 2 weeks , thats more than double what rdglady paid

lesson learned ... always book early