We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi on United

Edmonton
reviews: 14
Wifi on United

How is the wifi on united and to watch Netflix can I buy the standard or do I need to upgrade to the higher level? How much was it for flights Edmonton - Houston approximately? It doesn't say cost on website since it varies. Thanks:)

8 replies to this topic
Leeds, UK
reviews: 49
1. Re: Wifi on United

According to the FAg page anput Wifi you cant watch Netflix or other streaming video on the Wifi.

united.com/web/…faqs.aspx

Edmonton
reviews: 14
2. Re: Wifi on United

Missed that, thank you:)

Leeds, UK
reviews: 49
3. Re: Wifi on United

No worries I had had same idea for my upcoming trip so had checked it out too!

P.S

That should of been FAQ page for anyone wondering, only just saw it!

Australia
reviews: 28
4. Re: Wifi on United

Can that be purchased using an ipad? - see the requirement "Please note that devices that are not JavaScript-enabled cannot be used to purchase Internet access"

Australia
reviews: 28
5. Re: Wifi on United

Too late for edit - I have seen Java script options - Yes or No - in safari settings on ipad, so asume all will be OK on ipad.

Hermosa Beach...
6. Re: Wifi on United

I interpret the FAQ to say that steaming is not guaranteed. Later in the FAQ they say that only VoIP is blocked. On one flight I got Slingbox to work. On another, the service was almost completely unusable. All streaming video apps timed out (Netflix, hulu, YouTube, Slingbox, amazon instant video). After 20 minutes of slow basic internet with several HTML pages timing out, I gave up and filled out the refund request as soon as I got home.

Honestly, if they are only going to support email and basic HTML support, they shouldn't charge more than $3 for it.

Illinois
reviews: 16
7. Re: Wifi on United

Did you get the regular or accelerated wifi, Dean?

Hermosa Beach...
8. Re: Wifi on United

Only one option was available on this particular flight (LAX-IAD)

One update, I read in the Hemispheres magazine today that streaming video "like Netflix" is not offered.

Edited: 1:46 am, December 05, 2013
Reply to: Wifi on United
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted