We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I definitely leave the airport during a long stopover?

Exeter, United...
Can I definitely leave the airport during a long stopover?

Hi, I want to book a trip which involves a 22hr stop over at Brussels and want to be sure we can leave the airport to visit the city before booking a hotel. We'll be coming from Marrakech to Bristol- would luggage be checked all the way through to final destination or could we get it in Brussels? We both have British passports, whole trip is on Brussels airline. Many thanks!

Hanau, Germany
reviews: 18
1. Re: Can I definitely leave the airport during a long stopover?

Sure you can leave the airport.

With a stop over this long I don't know if the luggage will be checked through, others might know or ask the airline.

Exeter, United...
2. Re: Can I definitely leave the airport during a long stopover?

Thanks Uta, I also asked the airline and they said the luggage will be checked through to final destination so we need to take what we need in hand luggage, just for anyone else who needs to know!

3. Re: Can I definitely leave the airport during a long stopover?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 23, 2014