We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

Somerset, UK
reviews: 226
It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

It's the worst brand in Britain.

telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10319838/R…

64 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 73
1. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

Britain and Ireland I believe

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

Whilst I am no fan of Ryanair the survey conducted by Which amongst it's readers does make me wonder how many of them have actually flown Ryanair.

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

Passengers seem to agree it's price over customer service which is not exactly a big surprise is it? Somebody else stated they would willingly pay another £50 for improved service, well why didn't they do it in the first place with another carrier?

This is a non story

Edited: 2:56 pm, September 19, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

"It's the worst brand in Britain."

It doesn't say that at all. If you read the article ....

"Ryanair, the low-cost airline, has the worst customer service out of Britain’s 100 biggest brands, according to the readers of Which?"

That means it's one of Britain's BEST brands, just with the "worst" customer service record of those. And according to that report the overall rating is still 54%, so more people are satisfied with them than not.

(and no I don't work for FR and have never flown them)

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
5. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

Love that Thomsons scored 75%, and Thomas Cook 71%, which actually just goes to underline that the people who took this survey were obviously clueless, or just ticked whichever box took their fancy!

Merseyside
reviews: 66
6. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

I disagree. Ryanair are not one of the BEST brands - just one of the 100 biggest. And there is a difference.

I have flown them and agree with the article. We made sure we did everything they ask - luggage, boarding passes etc. But all the same - we still felt nervous, wondering if we were going to get hit with a nasty surprise.

It's not a pleasant experience, and for lots of people they are the airline of last resort.

7. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, September 26, 2013

8. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, September 20, 2013

Norfolk England
reviews: 74
9. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

Hi

I'm flying with them next week, non stop STN to RHO. I did not find them cheap at all. It was that they were the only airline flying that route. I went Aegean last year and they are a good airline but they go from Gatwick and you have to change in Athens. Also the times are bad (for me anyway) The cost was actually cheaper with Aegean with luggage.

Now if anyone can find me an airline that will take me Rhodes preferably non stop from Stansted other than Ryanair, I would rather use them (at around the same price of £265 return)

Clive

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 8
10. Re: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish

I'm also flying Ryan Air next week & if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have 3 holidays a year so i thank Ryan Air ,I've no problem with them,stick to there T& C & your fine,

Reply to: It's not just me that thinks Ryanair is rubbish
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted