We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way tickets

norwich, england
reviews: 1
One way tickets

If I was to buy a one way ticket to Florida to join my family on holiday ( waiting for visa in passport) would my return ticket with family be cancelled or can I fly back with it

Worthing, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: One way tickets

Hi

If you already have a return ticket and you don't use the outward part then the return will be cancelled.

You could try contacting the airline to see if there is anything they can do to help but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

Jackie

Romford, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: One way tickets

So your family including you bought return tickets and for some reason you were unable to travel with them on the outbound date, IF my understanding of this is correct??? your tickets both ways would've been automatically cancelled by the airline as they would've regarded you as a no show

Canada
reviews: 27
3. Re: One way tickets

Perhaps the OP could provide clarification on the situation......as posted it is not clear, and lends itself to speculation.....

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 62
4. Re: One way tickets

No! You must use all of the round trip(return) ticket!! You cannot just use the coming back home leg .IF you didn't use it going out,then the rest of the ticket would be canceled as you would be a no show for the itinerary.

norwich, england
reviews: 1
5. Re: One way tickets

At the moment I'm waiting on my passport to come back from us embassy London with a b2 visa in it they had it nearly a week now, holidays booked for this Saturday the 21st for us all to travel to Florida, if I was to book a flight a few days later, to join them but get a return flight also, would everything else in our package be valid staying on disney with dining plan, tickets for universal, seaworld etc

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
reviews: 63
6. Re: One way tickets

You should contact the airline about the cost of changing your ticket. The other tickets and family reservations for Disney remain valid.

UK
reviews: 90
7. Re: One way tickets

I don't see why not, your tickets to universal, to take an example, don't have anything to do with your flight tickets, but surely this is a case where you'll have to contact your holiday supplier if you have any doubts ? My assurance won't get you an extra ticket should there be some bizarre condition regards taking flights.

8. Re: One way tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 17, 2014