We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Global Entry Reviews?

so california
reviews: 25
Any Global Entry Reviews?

I have used Global Entry at LAX twice in past few months and have consistent experience as follows...

-the queue for Global Entry was long with flight crew members (in my case there were over dozen people)

-there are 3 kiosks for Global Entry at LAX and 2 of them were not working. No one could tell which machine was working or whether it was really machine or user errors

-there were people in the line who were confused and did not know what Global Entry is and clearly should not have been in the line, adding up to my wait time

-single working kiosk machine was difficult for people to operate independently, making the process even more slow

All said and done, Global Entry is total waste of money at LAX and nothing short of a scam. I paid for service that i do not get. I can get out faster in regular queues than in Global Entry. I will seek refund from authorities

7 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
1. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

Never used it in LAX. It's super fast and helpful in ORD and MIA.

Shreveport...
reviews: 63
2. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

We used it the first time this summer at DFW which usually has long lines at usual immigration. Took us less than two minutes - and it was our first time. They had several machines and no wait. The others who were using them acted like they've done it a million times and zipped through

Customs had a dedicated line and they even called for Global entry folks to go to a line without crew members. It was great.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

Not used it at LAX but have used it many times at other airports and the longest queue has been one person! Not seen any faulty machines either or people not registered who think they can use it. (although I have seen the latter plenty with IRIS at UK airports!)

kentucky
reviews: 37
4. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

We have only seen 2 malfunctioning kiosks but there were several others to use. We have probably used GE 30 times in the past few years. Yes, crew has access to them IF they pay for it, just like you and I. It isn't free for them. Many airports have a crew lane at CBP--not all.

Edited: 7:10 pm, September 14, 2013
atlanta
reviews: 24
5. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

I have used GE in Atlanta, JFK and Boston. No problems.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
6. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

I've used it at JFK as have a number of friends. It is absolutely fantastic. Then, the special customs line is like icing on the cake.

Falls Church...
reviews: 32
7. Re: Any Global Entry Reviews?

I've used it at IAD many times without ever having to wait for a kiosk. They originally had about six machines but recently doubled the number. I'm surprised that there are so few machines at LAX.

Reply to: Any Global Entry Reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted