We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Vienna
reviews: 44
LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Despite charging EUR 500 and more to fly during week Vienna - Warsaw - Vienna (1 hour) they stopped drinks service except for plain water. They want to sell coffee, tea, juices, etc. now on a one hour flight with charging credit cards ... Of course no newspapers. I will stop using them unless they drop their fares to budget airline level and then one can expect nothing else. I hear they have financial troubles and one can see why with such management decisions.

8 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

More and more European airlines charge even for water.

London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Sorry, I do t understand, were you under the impression your ticket price inc drinks etc?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
3. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Why people want a full meal with dessert and coffee on a less than 2 hour flight is a mystery to me.

Hans water is free, they should simply leave a small bottle on the seat so no need to have service on board. Unfortunately the british idea that a 500ml water bottle can blow up a plane was applied also on short domestic flights everywhere.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Hans water is free

--------------------

Not on all airlines;-)

NE Victoria...
reviews: 18
5. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

>>Sorry, I do t understand, were you under the impression your ticket price inc drinks etc?<<

It did until fairly recently - we flew with LOT twice in July on short hops within Europe and everything was included. The new policy was introduced in August - so it is possible that the OP did believe that these sorts of things would be included in the fare depending on when the ticket was booked.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 88
6. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Often fares are based on availability, so despite paying 500 euros for your ticket, does not automatically entitle you to a free meal or drinks service.

Best to check out what you are paying for, rather than making assumptions.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
7. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

Yes, LOT were very quiet about that change back in August and it was a bit of a surprise to those expecting the usual complimentary sandwich and drinks. However, they do have budget airlines fares ('first minute' tariff) as well as weekly offers and at least where I go the planes are packed to the rafters so perhaps there is no need for them to drop their prices.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
8. Re: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....

LOT is in financial trouble, which was compounded by the grounding of the 787s earlier this year (just as they were starting to fly them and retire the old 767s). Anything they can do to raise ancillary revenue, particularly on short haul flights helps keep the airline afloat. If they have to operate a hybrid full service/LCC model (like Aer Lingus) to keep the money coming in I'm not going to begrudge them. It would be a sad day should they go under.

Reply to: LOT Polish Airlines - not worth what you pay for ....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted