We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 72
ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

Flying tomorrow to Vegas from Dublin via Chicago; we arrive at Terminal 5 and once we collect our bags I've been told there's a place to transfer luggage to the connecting flight with United at T1. Problem is I can't see that option on the flychicago web site - does anyone know where the transfer baggage carousel is located? Is it easier just to take the case with me to T1 to check-in again?

12 replies to this topic
Romford, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

The place to re check your luggage is the carousel located just past customs at T5

Chicago
reviews: 1
2. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

It will be right after you give your customs form to the officer and before you leave the secure area into the public waiting area. You should see plenty of people rechecking bags.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 72
3. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

That's great, thanks so much.

Romford, United...
4. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

One last thing, understand your connecting time is on the tight side so when you leave the aircraft try and pass as many people as can, as everyone that you pass might be worth 2-3mins in the queues for INS

Edited: 2:33 pm, September 14, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
5. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

It's possible your flight will pre clear in Dublin. Most but all do. In that case they'll pass you around immigration in Chucago which will save you some time.

Either way you definitely want to drop your bags at the recheck desk In T5. That's significantly quicker than carrying them to T1. It's easy to find as you have to go right by it to get from customs into the arrivals hall.

southampton u.k
reviews: 26
6. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

If ohjustpeachy could let us know how they got on with any tips please. We are coming in from London next Tuesday and going T5 to T2 in hopefully 95 mins. Booked seats at front of cabin and will have running shoes on. Landing at noon and everyone at United says it is 'doable'.

If our fight comes in late do United stick us on their next flight or any available flight. And do they share with US air?

Romford, United...
7. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

Looks like UA flight next Tuesday arrives at 10.20hrs and gives you 110mins to make the connection but good news is that if you miss the connection UA have two other non stop flights to LAS later that day and a couple that go round the houses, which they can put you on subject to there being an available seat-UA don't codeshare with US Airways

Chicago
reviews: 1
8. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

US Airways hasn't yet merged with AA and is still listed on United as a codeshare member of Star Alliance. Don't know when that will change though.

southampton u.k
reviews: 26
9. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

I thought I saw a code share on the united site. The day we fly (24th) seems to be the last day of that scheduled flight ua1025. We shall see. I never seem to read many good things about transfers at o'hare.

Romford, United...
10. Re: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure

Looking at UA site for Sept 24 leaving at 07.45hrs LHR-0RD is UA929

Edited: 12:04 pm, September 15, 2013
Reply to: ORD Terminal 5 arrival Terminal 1 Departure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted