We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling

Bergen, Hordaland...
reviews: 2
Vueling

Awful Awful airline... we paid €285 for a one way flight for 2 of us Barcelona to Bergen as we extended our few days vacation after our wedding in Barcelona... i then paid an additional €200 to have 5 bags checked in... expecting to get the kilos as you do on every other flight company... we got to the check in they say NO you only pay for luggage to be in hold you still only have 23 kilos... so our combined weight was 73 kilos... i said ok my 23 and my wifes 23 (46 kilos) leaves us 27 kilos to pay for ... the woman says NO your wife has no allowance as all booked in my name? even though i paid €200 for my luggage she would not transfer 23 kilo to my wife.. its very very deceving on the website...... awful awful company they wanted to charge us for 50 extra kilos at €12 a kilo so anaother €600 after we paid €200 already???? so i told them where to go and stayed in Barcelona and flew back with Norwegian a week later... the Norwegian flight with all kilos and 2 people one way cost €130 total... Vueling your a DISGRACE

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Vueling

It's useful to have read T&Cs before you turn up at the airport.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Vueling

Another first time poster who joined today to submit a pointless rant simply because they made incorrect assumptions.

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 193
3. Re: Vueling

Yes, a pretty pointless rant that only serves to make the OP look foolish for either not understanding or not reading at all the T&C's they have agreed to when making the booking.

making assumptions without checking the details is a sure fire way to encounter misery, expense and frustration when travelling anywhere and with anyone.

London
reviews: 34
4. Re: Vueling

>>> expecting to get the kilos as you do on every other flight company <<<

Please be kind to the OP. He(?) is obviously a very inexperienced traveller who has never heard of low-cost carriers, Ryanair, Easyjet, Wizzair and so on ad nauseam .....

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Vueling

2 people, 5 bags, 73 kg of luggage, WTF!!!!

From Vueling's website

Remember:

Each passenger may check luggage weighing a maximum of 23 kg, in one or several bags, without exceeding the total allowance. If this limit is exceeded, €12 will be charged for each additional kg (up to a maximum of 32 kg per passenger).

Norwegian do a great deal on baggage although they used to carry it for free. Many other airlines follow the one weight allowance model and cahrge you an arm and a leg for the next bag.

Whilst doing the booking the OP obvioulsy just booked 5 bags for himself and noe for his other half. This is a little confusing I suppose.

Vueling are one of my favourite airlines so just to balance the books I love them.

Also not sure where the OP got 200 euros from for the baggage as 5 bags to Bergen would be 75 euros. just saying.

Edited: 11:32 am, September 14, 2013
Essen, Germany
reviews: 86
6. Re: Vueling

I just came to this thread by fortune and want to add, that on the german ( language) forum there are numerous complains about this airline

tripadvisor.de/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6098267-…

There are a few positive feedbacks too, but the negative ones are in the majority.

Edited: 12:03 pm, September 14, 2013
7. Re: Vueling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, September 14, 2013
8. Re: Vueling

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Vueling

10. Re: Vueling