We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Flight to Rome on US Airways

San Marcos...
reviews: 56
International Flight to Rome on US Airways

I have a flight in December on US Airways from San Diego to Philly (domestic) then on to Rome with US Airways (international). Is a two hour layover okay to make it from the domestic plane to the international one. Also I go from Terminal B to Terminal A and I hope I do not have to go through security again. Has anyone done this flight with or without problems.

6 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: International Flight to Rome on US Airways

Not flown this route but made other domestic to international connections in the US and 2 hours is enough time.

A terminal change normally requires you to clear airport security but there might be a way of changing airside that does not involve security that I'm not aware of.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 245
2. Re: International Flight to Rome on US Airways

I've not made a transfer at Philedelphia but according to their website it looks like you can stay airside between terminals A & B

www.phl.org/passengerinfo/Pages/faqs.aspx

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: International Flight to Rome on US Airways

The only disconnected terminal at PHL is F - and this is served by an inter-terminal shuttle system. To go from A to B, just view the map and follow the moving walkway / corridors - all inside of security. 2 hours should be plenty of time, as long as you land on-time.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
4. Re: International Flight to Rome on US Airways

We had 50 minutes transit time in Philly and had to collect our luggage to put it through another security check , we didn't hang about but made our connecting flight without a problem.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 82
5. Re: International Flight to Rome on US Airways

plenty of time to connect as bk says F is the only terminal thats separate to the rest.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
6. Re: International Flight to Rome on US Airways

Wow. Most people are here asking if something like 35 mins. is enough. You won't have to collect your bags at PHL, unless you're on two separately-purchased tickets, and maybe not even since you're on US all the way. Should be a piece of cake. Good idea to look at the terminal map ahead of time (there will be on in the in-flight magazine), though you may not know the exact gate number until you're landing (they usually make announcements for several fights, and there are monitors inside the airport). Relax.

Edited: 12:37 pm, September 12, 2013
Reply to: International Flight to Rome on US Airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted