We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Almaty, Kazakhstan
reviews: 1
Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Can someone tell me, where to apply with a complaint about ORBITZ Company? They do not give address of their main office. They are guilty that gave me a ticket with their fail. I filled everything right, checked several times, because I know that you cannot make mistakes, ticket was nonrefundable! But they suddenly issued a ticket with 2 first names instead of first and second name!? They are giving defective ticket to robbing people! To correct their mistakes they didn't want, answered that cannot be corrected. They forced me to call to their office, kept me 2 hours (and I should pay for it also…). Usually other companies on-line, always before the last clicking have one more to preview the information, and some of them even send the e-mail and asked to verify the data. But ORBITZ has nothing of this! Just did mistake and took your money without any responsibility…. Can someone know where to apply with a complaint about this company? Tell, please! Thank you!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 31
1. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Email them at:

socialnetwork@orbitz.com

They are an online company and you have to deal with them online.

The ticket was issued based on what you filled in, if it is wrong, you entered the data wrong. They did not steal your money.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 245
2. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

I doubt you will get much sympathy on this forum. Had you done any research on TA you would have seen that the advise is to book directly with the airline rather than with a third-party website, the reasons you describe come up so often.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
3. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Orbitz is a reputable company but sometimes errors can happen contact them at the e.mail address BrightonBill has given you and see what they reply but i'm sure if it was their error they'll sort it out.

Chicago
4. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Lynn

Orbitz Customer Relations

Chicago
5. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Hi

My name is Jeanna, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Jeanna

Orbitz Customer Relations

Chicago, IL

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
6. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

Thank goodness, it was a booking error issue. Going by the thread title, I thought it may have been a Food Safety warning about purchasing seafood from a travel agent.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
7. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

LOL KVE1005 :)

I really wish people would tone down the rhetoric and terminology. Using words like dangerous, rob, fraud, or scam implies the company actively maligned the individual, which I don't believe to be the case. Yes, something went terribly wrong in this person's view, but explain the situation fairly and evenly. I would normally report such posts for harassment or spam, but since their reps came on the thread, I'll leave it. And no, I do not work for them....

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
8. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

I don't work for Orbitz, but I used to. Contact the CS agents as advised. They will research the incident and find out where the problem lies. They have the tools available. Be polite and concise in your email. Be sure to explain the situation fully. If you have any documentation to back up your complaint (screen shots, emails, etc( be sure to include that information

Be advised this may not be something that can be resolved in 5 minutes. They will need to go into the history of the booking and depending on when this occurred, they may need to go into archived history. Give the agents time to do their research and get back to you. Remeber, they are a very large company and they have numerous issues (some valid, some not) to work on. Be sure to request a read receipt when you send your e-mail. This way you will know when it is received and has been opened and read.

9. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, November 27, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 12
10. Re: Don't book trought ORBITZ web! Dangerous!

"Your company steals off their customers. You will refund us (supposedly) to our old card number which is now closed"

223Katharine, who do you think you are addressing this to? This is TripAdvisor, not Orbitz. You need to contact the right company - you stand no chance of resolving your issue with Orbitz by complaining here.

-JimG