We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Baggage

Ireland
reviews: 1
BA Baggage

Hi

I am booking flights from London to Croatia through BA, I can get them from opodo for £327 without baggage. I can book with BA.com and get a bag each for £383, would I be safer doing this? how much extra would it be to add two bags if I was to take the opodo option?

Thanks.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: BA Baggage

Avoid Opodo like the plague. Book direct with BA, Opodo used to be fine until they were taken over by edreams. There are several posts on here about people being charged twice, or finding an extra substantial non-refundable booking charge on their credit cards, and worst of all having the money taken and no tickets.

SO AVOID

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: BA Baggage

It's £20 for the first additional bag each way so the Opodo fare would end up at £367. I would be careful about booking from Opodo, lots of complaints in here about them.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: BA Baggage

DO NOT touch Opodo with a bargepole. They're now owned by eDreams, many times verified on this forum as the scummiest third party booker out there.

Book directly with BA, you'll get all the details of their cabin baggage only fares very clearly displayed on ba.com, and you can decide whether it's worth it.

Edited: 2:54 pm, September 08, 2013
Ireland
reviews: 1
4. Re: BA Baggage

Thanks for the help folks, it seems it will only work out £20 cheaper, so I will go directly through BA.com then.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: BA Baggage

Hi

And of course the fare Opodo offer might not even exist and you end up getting tied into an escalating fare as well as reservation charges which according to other posters Opodo don't mention up front.

Jackie

6. Re: BA Baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 10, 2014