We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

London, United...
reviews: 1
Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

Hello,

Planning to go into Canada by air (Toronto and Niagara Falls) for 3-4 days whilst i'm in the States and wanted to ask if there are any procedures to follow on re-entering the US again with a UK Passport.

5 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

You should have a valid ESTA. A valid ESTA enables you multiple entry into the US from the time it is approved to a period of 2 yrs or until your passport expires.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
2. Re: Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

At some Canadian airports you pre clear US Immigration/Customs in Canada so you arrive in the US as a domestic passenger.

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

Good idea as well is that when you return from Canada to US that you also carry with you proof of your return ticket US-UK

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

As long as your ESTA is in order (which it would be if you enter the US initially) you shouldn't have a problem. If you're flying back from a preclearance airport (eg Toronto) make sure you get to the airport well ahead of your departure (I'd say 2.5 hours). Preclearance at Toronto can be very busy and take a long time.

London, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Re-entering the USA from Canada by air

Thanks guys,

I'll make sure I carry all my paperwork and evidence of onward travel and make sure I get to Toronto airport in plenty of time.

Thanks for the advice :)

Reply to: Re-entering the USA from Canada by air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted