We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

glasgow
reviews: 14
Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow for a couple of days with a friend. Originally we were just taking our carry-on luggage but he's now decided he wants to take a case. I've only paid for flights (no hold luggage), does anyone know if we can roll-up to the bag drop on the day and pay to stick a case in the hold?

Thanks in advance.

UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Why on earth wouldn't you do it now when it will,probably cost a half of what it will cost on the day?

http://www.easyjet.com/fees-and-charges

glasgow
2. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Because we fly tomorrow, and I've already checked in. I'd be surprised if I could now amend the booking to include pre-paid hold luggage.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

You can but as Joe says it's more expensive than adding it online in advance.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

"I'd be surprised if I could now amend the booking to include pre-paid hold luggage."

Prepare to be surprised :)

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Hi

Been there, done that, dozens of times, and almost always at the last minute

Jackie

glasgow
6. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Brilliant. I've paid for it now. £18 for the return. I'm sure it's actually £20 if you pay at the time of booking lol. Thanks very much for the help.

ETA - I take it I don't have to print off my boarding passes again to reflect this change?

Edited: 10:01 am, September 08, 2013
UK
reviews: 89
7. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

I don't see any harm in trying and seeing if it has the luggage on there.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
8. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

When you go to the bag drop Easyjet will have a record of you paying for a bag so no real need to re-print the boarding passes. They can do that when you check i anyway.

If you have easy access to a printer then just do it anyway I suppose. It's on a few sheets of paper.

Have a good time in amsterdam but the weather has taken a turn from last week when it was 28C. Looks like rain all week.

glasgow
9. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Cheers Ron, the weather gods have smiled on us the last couple of times we've been to Mokum. I even came home sunburned in June so I won't grudge a little rain this time.

10. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 10, 2014