We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Hello everyone,

so here's what happened. We have a trip scheduled to Madrid for November and we are flying with ryanair.The itinerary is thessaloniki-milan, milan-madrid and today I received an e-mail from ryanair informing me that the departure time from thessaloniki to milan has been changed. The result is that we are losing our connection to Madrid. Does anyone know what happens in such a situation? I know we can get a refund for only one flight (the one that has been changed) but obviously this is not a solution since we have paid for four...

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Bad luck. Ryanair do not do connecting flights.

Romford, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Try contacting Ryanair and ask them to change the second flight time and the reason is because Ryanair have changed the times on your first flight-be nice, polite and calm when asking them

Lewes, England.
reviews: 79
3. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Yep, they are a Point to point airline so you are pretty much screwed I'm afraid.... you could get them to change to a flight the day before if there is one.... but then you would have to pick up a hotel in Milan.

UK
reviews: 26
4. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

I'm not normally someone who defends Ryanair... but to be fair to them they make it abundantly clear that they don't do connections, so really... you've only got yourself to blame for ignoring their advice.

As for asking them to help you... I doubt they will. Helpfulness is another thing they don't do. Being unhelpful is part of their company philosophy.

Edited: 6:57 pm, September 04, 2013
Worthing, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Hi

Before you accept the flight change do some homework with perhaps alternative airports for your departing flight and see if you can find better times.

Then phone Ryanair to see if they will let you have your new choices.

Ryanair can be very helpful if you approach them in a polite manner.

Good luck

Jackie

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
6. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Yes, call them, tell your problem and see if they offer a solution. You can check alternative flights as well.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
7. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

I wish you good luck but I fear the only solution offered will be what they are obliged to i.e. refund the flight or change it to another day and you spend a day in Milan.

I think that there's only one flight per day on Ryanair (are you also flying to Madrid from Milan with them?) and one from Thessaloniki so even if Ryanair were helpful, there is not much they can do apart from rescheduling the flight for you which obviously they wont do.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
8. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

They'll only refund the flight that has changed, they won't refund any other flight nor will they put you on a different airline.

Your only option therefore is to find alternative flights and take the loss

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
9. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Do as Jackie says. A guy on the MSE had the same problem recently and they helped him out even though they didn't have to.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
10. Re: Ryanair changed flight and i'm losing my connection!!

Because they've changed the flight you might get lucky but when you phone start by saying that you need their help and be very humble, in other words you need to grovel.