We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Airlines

East Horsley
Monarch Airlines

I travelled Monarch London-Palma jn a party of 8 and bought seats for 6 pounds each (96 pounds total) so as to be assured of getting seats together and near the front. 12 hours before travelling Monarch told me the seats I had paid for were not available and I was being transferred to seats near the back and not together. I had to sit only own away from my family and friends. The checkin staff at Palma told me I would be entitled to my money back from Monarch on return to London. Clearly nobody would pay 96 pounds for seats near the back and not together, which are available for free. Monarch had evidently sold my seats twice, as the ones I originally bought were occupied by other families. But when I contacted Monarch customer services, they were very unhelpful and unsympathetic and refused to give my money back. On top of this, when I checked in online, the Monarch website said I had only paid for 7 of the 8 seats and could therefore not check my family and friends in. The website therefore made me pay twice for the 8th seat in order to validate my group booking. Again Monarch customer services refuse to give my money back for the seat I bought twice. Is there anything I can do to get my money back from Monarch?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 158
1. Re: Monarch Airlines

Do you have email confirmations from all your bookings and pre booked seats? You could always take it up with your CC provider if you've had to pay twice for one passenger and if monarch won't refund you.

2. Re: Monarch Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions
Recent Conversations