We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Online check in

Liverpool, United...
Ryanair Online check in

Hi - I'm a bit of a Ryanair novice and am amout to book a flight to Ibiza. However, I have noticed on the return flight I am being charged for "Web check in"...but this is not on the details for the outbound trip. Can someone please explain what this charge is? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Ryanair Online check in

You're being charged to check-in online as silly as it sounds since this is mandatory. If the outbound trip is a promo fare they waive the check-in fee. In fact, the fare should be called "Free Online Check-In". Of course, none of it really matters, what matters is just the total price.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
2. Re: Ryanair Online check in

It's a Ryanair fee - so there's no sense to it, probably need the money to employ more lawyers

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 22
3. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Jet2 charge €16 for online checkin and €26 for airport checkin,,,,,,,

Liverpool, United...
4. Re: Ryanair Online check in

I have no idea if the fare is a promo fare...it's just the price stated on the website. As is the return fare, so both fares are of the same price bracket. The return fare includes "web check in", outbound fare doesn't. But never mind...if I want to go, I have to pay whatever is in the pricing structure!! As it's part business part short break it's still a good price so it's not too much of a problem. Just wanted to know what it was. Thanks all.

reviews: 1
5. Re: Ryanair Online check in

I've booked flights for August 2014 with Ryanair and paid extra to reserve seats. Will I still have to pay an online check in fee and if so how much is the fee? Any help with this is appreciated.

Ian

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 31
6. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Ryanair don't charge a fee to check in online whether you pay to prebook seats or not.

Kettering, United...
reviews: 107
7. Re: Ryanair Online check in

The important thing to remember is to make sure you do check in online for both flights otherwise you will face a hefty bill at the airport

Reply to: Ryanair Online check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted